Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy You Have Spikes!

The Shorts have been enjoying their summer so far. We've pretty much done as little as possible [which really gets to Molly because she's 14 and she thinks that life should not be lived sitting at home..resting and peaceful] so far and that's cool with me.

Craig is out of town [and I am ready for him to come home because I do not like staying here by myself. I read too many creepy books with axe murders and crazy people and now they are in my head....and I can't sleep.] and won't be home until Saturday. That means two things: I am on my own with the kiddos [I can handle that] and Emma is currently my bedmate [I cannot handle that]. The Diva even thinks that she's got preference in MY bed!!! Last night, the first night I slept with her, she moved all night. She kicked covers, rolled over, talked, kicked me, and slept in the middle of the bed. Tonight I convinced her to fall asleep on the couch...she may still be there in the morning. [I know...what a terrible mother I am...blah, blah, blah.]

Tonight we [Gabe, Coop, Emma, and I - Molly has gone AWOL] decided to get Alice in Underland [Gabe never says Wonderland - it is always
Underland] from Movies on Demand [Cable sucks right now - we had to reset the stupid box to even get the movie to work]. Gabe was so enthralled with the movie - he watched almost the entire movie without moving. I was amazed. I will be honest though, the bizzaro, freakishly large headed Red Queen was a tad bit strange. [As if she was the only weirdo in the movie - the entire flick screams drug induced haze] Seriously, I could not get past her large gourd...what was up with that? Was that symbolism for her large ego? [Some of you are indeed impressed that I used symbolism, while others are frantically looking for the dictionary because you haven't a clue.] And that Cheshire cat sort of creeped me out [The fact that he disappeared and he looks very similar to the neighbor's cat on a leash made me turn my head slightly when he was in the movie.]

Emma decided she wanted to sit on my lap during the movie so, of course, Gabe had to run over there and sit with us too. He started rubbing my knee with this little fat hand and then he took a leap to the other end of the couch. "Mommy! You have spikes!" I'm guessing I need to shave? [No, we are not talking grotesquely long and hairy legs...I just shaved yesterday.] He then let me feel his legs and he said, "I do not have spikes but you do."

This morning [I realize there is very little sequence in my blog posts...so sue me] Gabe and Emma were laying in my bed when I got out of the shower. They were having a conversation about Craig:
Gabe: Emma, I know why daddy went to Boston?
Emma: I do too Gabe.
Gabe: He went to take back that moobie he got - Night at the Nuseum. I saw it on his dresser.
Emma: No Gabe, he didn't go to take that movie back. He went to hang out with the coaches.
Gabe: Oh...well he still had that moobie. I like that moobie.
Neither were correct, though it was cute to hear. Craig is part of a grant program with history teachers from several counties. Each year they study a certain time period of history by writing research papers, learning teaching strategies, and reading books. The group then takes a summer trip to visit historical landmarks and attend seminars with experts. [The very best part is that the entire group goes for free, gets money for food, and gets paid to go....not a bad deal.] Last night, [I know...sequence issues again] part of the group went to Fenway Park to see the Dodgers and the Red Sox play. And, for the first time in her 6 years, Emma watched almost an entire MLB game so that she could look for her daddy :)

I am now convinced that the guy that lives above us is part of one of those militias that is going to try to overthrow the government. Seriously, he has stuff [Random websites, upside down American flags, other junk...he's on a terrorists watch list somewhere] written on his car. Last week we saw he had some papers taped in the windows of the car. [I thought I would be smooth and park beside him and read them while getting out of my car - his wife was standing on the balcony watching me....I'm not a good PI.] These papers are about how the media is lying to us and how the government is brainwashing us and how we're all going to die in war. Now, when we see this car in the lot, we RUN to our door....and lock it behind us. The Sasquatch guy ain't got nothing on us...we're going to make headlines when our neighbor gets raided by the FBI. [I hope he's wearing the Fedora and carrying the six pack of Budwieser that he's usually got when he's outside...with the door to his apartment open...and his sucky music blaring] WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE....AND SOON! It's bad enough that the cast of Deliverance is here with us...now we've also got Rambo [The Broadway version...he's a pretty boy] living above us. Throw in Cat-On-A-Leash Woman and Super Weird Dad Guy and this is a reality TV show in the works....I'm just saying....

Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.....as always, life is good ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!