Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Have a Forehead Too!

Yesterday was one of those days with Gabriel - he was just into everything - and it was ALL DAY LONG!! I truly do not know where he gets all of this energy and how he comes up with some of these things. [Yes...yes I do....he hears them from all of us and he simply repeats...all the time.] In fact, [completely random thought here] but on Sunday afternoon the toilet in the kid's bathroom seemed to overflow. It has done this several times over the last few weeks. [Which of course seems to be par for the course here in the papartment. Yes...there is still duct tape on the toilet.] Craig came running with towels while I let a bad word fly [Shocker I know...] "Sh**!" came out of my mouth...and of course, there goes Gabe: "Sh** Mowy!" No plumber necessary - Short figured out it was simply a tube that jumps out of place when the toilet is flushed way too hard. [I am sure there is some plumber terminology I am missing here. All I know is that when Craig removed the tank lid and flushed the toilet ALOT of water went a flyin'.]

Yesterday's adventures started when I got him out of bed to go to nursery.
Me: Gabe! What is that all of your legs and arms? [I am examining his legs and finding all sorts of random ink. All of our kids have tattoos - what's it to you?]
Gabe: I gave myself some tattoos last night. [He then pulls up his shirt to show me the ink on his stomach.] See mommy! I even have tattoos on my belwy! I tried to give Mowy one but she didn't want it.
So when I took Coop to basketball camp, Mowy attempted to remove the tatttoos from his body. She was mostly successful - he refused to take the belly tat off.

Yesterday afternoon, after we picked him up, we ventured to Wal-Mart for a few things. I vowed several weeks ago to never, ever take Emma and Gabe back to Wal-Mart...I broke my vow yesterday...Now I promise, pinky swear, threaten, wish on a shooting star, carry a lucky rabbit's foot, and do sincerely state that I WILL NOT TAKE EMMA AND GABE BACK TO WAL-MART EVER AGAIN! Gabe had his socks and shoes off [We sent him to nursery in some Levi's denim shorts, a yellow wife-beater shirt, and tall white socks...he was Joe Dirt...all he needed was the mullet.] and he was cramming the socks in his mouth! [Some of you may or may not know but I have this fear of people putting socks or gauze or paper towels in their mouth. It makes me physically ill...I know I'm a werido] I almost gagged right there.

We make it home and Gabe decides that instead of listening to his tiny bladder he'll just mess with the new Wii game Coop got and PEE IN THE FLOOR! Seriously? Really Gabe? Did you just PEE in the floor? I could have beat him...until he took his "pee" clothes off and put on a new pair of tighty whities - inside out!!! And he remained this way for the rest of the night.

We decided to hit the pool again. We made it about 30 minutes. [The entire cast of Deliverance was there along with Spicolii from Fast Times at Ridgemont High....and a few folks I am sure have been on MSNBC's Lock Up and To Catch a Predator...and Jerry Springer.] Craig couldn't take it anymore and made everyone get in the car and leave. Upon returning, as Gabe and I were talking about swimming, he grabbed my face and said, "Whatever Mommy! Whatever...I'm not listening to you." 'Nuff said I suppose....

Later in the evening, Gabe went to the potty [And this time not right beside the TV] and then he was messing with something. Instead of getting up to see I just yelled, loudly, at him: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU MESSING?" He came running out of the bathroom, wiping his face. "Mommy! I had to brush my teeth becuause my breath was kicking me!" [Incidentally, he was trying to say, "My breath was kickin'"] I almost peed my pants! [I could've done it and blamed it on Gabe.]

We finally got him to lay down on the bed while we watched Pawn Stars [Great family entertainment!] and he began pointing and counting. He counted my eyes and his eyes. Then he counted chins and noses. Then he told me that he had a forehead and I had a forehead but not everyone has a forehead...then he was out. [He got up today and did it all over again...]

Life as Gabe's mommy is pretty cool! Love the Shorties...they make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!