Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm Tired...But I'm Not Angry

Last weekend we went on a surprise "daycation" [that is such a yuppie word..and I'm not a yuppie] to Cowpens' Battlfield in SC. Now, for those of you that don't know my dear, sweet US History teaching hubby, he loves, loves, loves these historic joints. [Me? Not so much but am willing to read placards and see guns in cases for the man I ♥] We were able to see some reenactment soldiers do demonstrations on the types of rifles used by the militia and the military. [Incidentally, Gabe was in the restroom when one of these "soldiers" came in and Coop said Gabe was in awe. We caught him pointing on the way out - so cute. Random thought: I am glad he encountered the soldier while using the actual restroom instead of the random bush or tree that we're used to him using while in public.]

We did have a lot of fun actually walking the trail. We made fun of each other [Molly runs like a she has an injured wing - is she a chicken?] and watched Gabe and Coop snipe people from behind the trees. We even watched a group of wild turkeys [Or maybe we were taking nips from the Wild Turkey and just thought we saw turkeys....hmmmm......] as they roamed through the trees. Gabe found a super cool grasshopper on the path and Emma decided she is way too girly to actually sweat. It was fun [And yes, I did learn something: Militia rifles (used in hunting) had grooves cut into the barrel with made the bullets more accurate while military rifles had smooth barrels. This made the round bullets bounce around as they came out of the barrel, thus making them inaccurate. Boom yow!!]

We got back to the car and we were all hot and tired. About 5 minutes into the ride, Gabe informs us, "I am not angry but I am just tired. I am going to rest my eyes." He was out...down for the count...zonked...sound asleep...snoring. It amazes me, though, that as soon as we began to talk about ice cream he was suddenly wide awake: "I want some ice cream too!" I didn't care where we stopped but I had one request: Peach Milkshake! I'm figured we were in the land of the peach [You know, around the huge peachoid aka butt crack] so the milkshakes would be pretty good. I was not disappointed - one peach milkshake [And about 4500 calories later] I was one happy momma. [And Gabe had managed to get cotton candy ice cream in his hair, down his shorts, and all over his hands...and loved every minute of it!]

As always...life is good!
Missy ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!