Tuesday, May 22, 2012

De-Caffienating Missy

I am F.A.T.  Not just that oh-my-she-has-gained-a-few-pounds kind of fat but rather that oh-my-gosh-look-at-her-she-looks-bad kind of fat.  [Self esteem not included.]  I didn't go to my 20th high school reunion because I didn't want people to see me. [High school was hard enough without having to live up to the hype 20 years later.] Self confidence seems to be hard to find these days [honestly and truthfully, very hard to find] and I need it back. I need to feel good about myself. 

One of my biggest fears [besides elevators full of people and roaches] is that people will see me with Molly and think, "Well we know she's (pointing to Molly) gonna grow up and look like her (pointing to me)."  Molly is so athletic and healthy and I certainly pray that she stays that way forever.  She is gorgeous and naturally pretty [glad I'm not a bit biased] and she takes care of herself.  I need to follow her example.  I need to be healthy.  I need to do that for her. I need to do that for me.

I decided today, the 21st of May, was as good a day as any to start.  My first order of business is to cut the cord with diet Sundrop [I know. I am thinking the same thing: What in the world will the employees of Sundrop do now that I'm going to be actually drinking water?  It's going to be bad but necessary.] I mean really, there are no merits to drinking the stuff.  None. Not one. I just like it but I don't need it. That's it. End of discussion. 

So today is day one.  [I did take four Advil for that massive caffeine headache around 7pm but other than that the world did not implode.] And soon, it will be day two and it will start over again.  It's funny too because as the day went on, I didn't really want one...it was just habit to get one first thing in the morning.

As for the rest of my quest to get healthy, I begin walking tomorrow.  I have a walking partner and a great place to walk.  My plan is to work my way back up to running.  I was in the best shape of my life about 4 years ago, when I was running 10 -15 miles a week. [I know some of you are eye rolling at my mere 10 - 15 miles a week but considering the crazy life I lead with this litter of kids, my favorite coach and all his sports, working, being super house wife, and all the little things in between it worked for me.]  I've done two triathlons, walked that huge bridge, and I've run in a number of smaller 5Ks....I can do this.

Enough about me [as if that is possible:)] though. The Shorties are super busy trying to end yet another school year.  I am looking at having a junior in high school - we are already talking about college! And I've got one starting school this year....what was I thinking?!!!  Gabe sure is excited to see his long and infamous nursery career come to an end.  [And I will admit that Short and I have done, more than once, the We-Just-Wrote-The-Last-Check-For-Nursery-After-Paying-For-THIRTEEN-Years Dance.] Cooper is glad to be out of school so that he can spend more time mastering disk golf.  Emma is glad that she can sleep a little later - every princess needs her beauty sleep :)  And yes, Short and I are ready for a break.  [Of course, then they will all be home together...and they will fight....and eat a lot of junk...come quickly August.]  We are super excited about our DC trip [ and Gabe will finally get to see the Abraham Lincolnton Memorial up close] and we have lots of other things planned.  Yeah summer!!!

As always, life as a Short [caffiene free and all]  is really awesome!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!