Sunday, February 5, 2012

Save the Drama for Yo Momma

We got new furniture! [If I were Cooper, I would insert a leg kick here. Don't ask.] Every lick of furniture that we've EVER had was given to us by a family member. Thank God for family or we would've been sitting on the floor ALOT!  The couch we had had just begin to fall apart and the lopsided ottoman [that Gabe broke jumping on it and Craig has fixed three times] was not very attractive so we decided it was time.  We got an awesome deal at Laughlin's Furniture in Shelby.  Now there is tons of space for everyone. 
Sectional that EVERYONE can sit on at the same time!

Craig and I bought $20 worth of fabric and I recovered the glider rocker cushions.  I am fairly certain Craig doubted me but I was confident [so I bought twice the amount of fabric needed just to assure that any screw ups would be covered].  There was enough left over [because I plan ahead....for sure mistakes] that I made two pillows.  My next project is the Craigslist desk. [I think it still scares Craig to think about the evil plan he cooked up in his mind when we went to buy it] but I am having a time finding the Bahama blue paint I want.  Besides, with this crazy weather, I probably should wait. 

Check it out!  And Craig doubted my ability....
I could not post about this without giving my thanks to God for His many blessings.  I look around and yes, this furniture is awesome but what matters most are the ones sitting on it ~ my family.  We would still be completely in love if we were sitting on rocks in the living room [and the kids wouldn't fight with Craig over who gets to sit in the recliner].  None of this stuff makes us who we are - not one single stitch of it.  I am thankful most of all for the Shorties :)

The Gabester
On a different note, some might be thinking this blog was going to be about them considering the title.  Sorry to disappoint.

Tonight, in my Bible study about David, we looked at Psalm 62.  I wrote some notes, from Beth Moore, and one of them hit me like bricks: Your enemy is not going to take a rest so you must learn to give it all to God.  You must surrender yourself to him.  The Psalmist says, in verses 5 and 6, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."  How truly awesome is it when God speaks to you in such a powerful way that the things you were going to do to "fix" the situation fade and you are left with this amazing peace?  I needed to hear that tonight....I needed to read those words in my Bible.  Beth Moore said it so powerfully: God does not defend our honor.  He defines it.


As always, life as a Short could not be better :)
Super Bowl Party...but not on the new furniture!!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!