Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Wanted to Be an Undesirable

Gabe's newest "excuse" is that his brain "told him to." Just thinking about him saying that makes me giggle [well that and the fact that it is 12:37am and I feel like I've been up for 97 straight hours].  He has been WiLd here lately and yes, he blames it on his brain.  Of course, there was that "kissing" incident this week when instead of his brain telling him to do something it was the brains of his friends telling him what to do.  "Well my friends told me to kiss her so I did!"  [At this point, in the explanation of the sad face at nursery that day, I was fully engulfed in laughter and got the you-shouldn't-be-laughing look by Craig.  All I saw, through my tears, was blah, blah, blah.]  Is kissing really that bad?  She kissed him back [and got a sad face too] so apparently it was agreed upon.  Who knows....we just told him to save his kissing for us.
He also got in trouble for putting water in his hair in the bathroom.  It's not a secret that the boy loves to watch TV.  Honestly, you do not need to watch commericals - Gabe can receit them for you.  One of his faves is the DirectTV commercial.

So he gets in trouble at nursery for wetting his hair and the story went like this:
Craig: Why did you put water in your hair?
Gabe: So I could do this [putting his hands through the mini fro he has].
Craig: What is that?
Gabe [Saying this as if we should know]: I wanted to be an undesirable.
There you go folks...he's learned a valuable lesson somewhere in here....I'm still looking....wait...
[Is this where I immediately regret the decision to allow TV to raise my children?]

This has been an incredibly lllloooooonnnnnnngggggg week.  Not necessarily in a bad way but just in a very exhausting way.  [Yes, I should be asleep right now but I'm not....could explain that exhausting week I've had....]  Craig and I have had a gift certificate to Battleground Steakhouse here in the KM for almost a year and we decided tonight was a good night for a date night.  Little did we know that our quality time would be spent waiting two hours to eat. [Here is where some of you are asking why did we wait two hours to eat instead of just leaving....follow me.]  We only waited about 25 minutes on our table - then the two hour clock started. Forty-five minutes AFTER getting our drinks the potato skins arrived [and I am fairly certain that Short inhaled two of them right off the plate...through his nose].  Another HOUR later we got our food.  Apparently, there was a party of 30 people that held up the entire kitchen.  Several things we can gleen from this experience:
1. Waiting to eat can make people sorta snippy.  [Pointing in Craig's direction]
2. If you have a party of 30 people then you really shouldn't take orders from the other tables until you've at least half way cooked that food.  Or get a bigger kitchen.  Or both.
3. You parties of 30 need to get a banquet hall or go to Ryan's [if it was good enough for the Short family reunion then...yeah, you might want to upgrade to Golden Corral] because the tiny steakhouse in KM had great difficulty accomodating your party.
4. The party of 30 was apparently from out of town - those of us that are going to continue to frequent the establishment are not going to do so after waiting two hours to eat. 
5. We should have cut our loses after the 45 minute wait on apps and rode through Japanese [that would be Yamato's but the rest of us good rednecks just call it Japanese].
I still enjoyed the evening with my favorite coach ♥

Softball season cranks up on Monday.  In my starvation at dinner I accidentally volunteered to be the team mom this year.  Did someone slip a delusional drug into my 18th cup of coffee tonight?  I guess being married to the head coach does have its drawbacks perks.  Right now I am thinking I really need a calendar [or personal secretary] so that I can organize this stuff.  [I know what some of you are thinking, "Sister, you're gonna need more than a calendar!"]  Here's to a good year of KMHS softball :)

As always, life as a Short is undeniably awesome.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!