Monday, February 20, 2012

So This is How the Other Side Lives

I ain't from a round here - I hail from [that is the appropriate spelling - I Googled it] Lincoln County.  Its not that one place is better than the other - they are about the same in  my opinion [that and $.25 will get you  nowhere] - but today I got a glimpse at how the "other side" does their grocery shopping. And, based on the odd stares I got as I pilfered through my coupons, I was the outsider in their grocery store.  What they don't know is that:
1. I work hard for my money [so hard for my money so you better treat me right] and the last time I looked, shopping at the HT in Shelby was not just for the privileged.
2. If I want to use a coupon for EVERYTHING I buy then you can take your cart full of tofu, pomegranate juice, and fresh fish to the next line.
3. Feeding six people [one being a 13 year old boy and another being a 16 year old fastpitch softball player...and of course, the two goats named Emma and Gabe] is expensive so when super double coupons is going on I'm all over that one.
4. Your complaints about "all the extra people in here just because it's super double coupons" makes me want to come back and take up more of your space.
Yeah....the "other side" doesn't live any better than I do - they just think they do. 

On my way home [as I was contemplating why Mr. State Trooper was riding  my fanny when I was clearly doing the speed limit of 65 in a 65] I heard an oldie but goodie....Stone in Love by Journey.

I was rockin'....air guitar and all.  Love me some classic rock [and when state troopers go around me to catch someone else].

As always, life as a Short is awesome :)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I came across your website and found your articles on your family wonderful. I just had a couple of questions, so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!