Monday, July 18, 2011

Maturity ! It's What It's All About ♥

I am sad today. The youth from our church left about an hour ago for a trip to Jekyll Island, GA but my Molly Moo was not with them :( Long story short [because we all know I can drag a story out way too much.....] is that she told her travel coach that she would attend softball camp then I signed her up for the beach trip. Then, she had a decision to make - softball camp or the beach trip. [Let's see - hot sun, running all day, getting dirty, worn out OR hot sun, hanging with friends, soaking up the sun, the sounds of the ocean? Hmmmm....] After much debate and internal torment [and a lot of "Tell me what to do!!"] she finally came to the conclusion that if she made a commitment to her coach then she should stick to it so she backed out of the beach trip.

Now she went through those typical "Whoa is me..." Eeyore moments where the world seemed cruel and we, her parents, seemed even more cruel but she's OK. She knows that her biffles [Mollyenese for best friends for life] will be back on Friday - and this is only 5 short days. She also knows that sometimes we have to make tough decisions that do not always make us happy but are the right decisions. She got to go out to eat with all of them last night. And I know them and they will text and call and blow up her Facebook so she'll be just fine. She was excited about going to camp [somewhat] and she took a friend with her.

It's just hard, being a momma, to see your child hurt. This is minor, I know, but it hurt my feelings just the same. My comfort is knowing that she made the decision with lots of maturity [that's my Molly Moo] and she is OK knowing that she's staying behind for a good reason. Plus, she is keenly aware that not going to the beach is not the end of the world and that there are many around us that didn't even eat dinner last night. Thanks for the lesson Molly :)

Off to ride my bike. [I'll be venturing to uptown KM so if you're in the area and see a woman lying in the middle of the road with a red bike beside her please stop to help. And don't laugh.] My sister has informed me that my mom signed me up for the Winston Ramblin' Rose and that we should consider doing the Over the Mountain Tri next May. She even mentioned something about preparing for the Ironman in five years. [I would say that this was a crack induced fantasy but it is not....she stopped the crack pipe several years ago...] I need this motivation. I have prayed for motivation. I need someone who lives closer that can train with me - Summer lives about an hour and half away - who will be honest and mean [I do cry easily so not too mean] and will do this with me. Molly is going to do the tri in September with me but we both need someone who's done this before. [I did ask someone but I am so embarassed because she is such a great athlete and runner and I am so not and I feel so inadequate that I have not called. Stupid I know. My good friend, Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I consented a long time ago. Confidence has NEVER been part of my repertoire. I pray for it.] I will email this person today...I promise.

Off to Calgary this Saturday. I am excited but nervous as always. My neice is coming to stay with the kids since they have so much going on but I still hate leaving them for a whole week :( Pray for us as we get prepared this week. Pray that the team that is there this week will be blessed like we were last summer and that God's message will be heard by those that are not good at listening.

[Craig told me that he appreciates my "heavier" blogs but he really likes the funny ones. Thanks...I think.] I promise more funnies very soon :) As always, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!