Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blog-Tastic!!!!

I added some stuff [a Twitter button, other cool buttons, a scrolling marquee at the bottom...so check it out] to my blog. [I would say something nice like, "I hope you like it" but I like it and it's my blog so there. Like is an important word today isn't it? Count how many were used already.] I couldn't sleep last night so I was working on finding stuff to put on here - I like it very busy. I spent a ton of time stalking other blogs and there are some very cool ones out there. And I discovered that people will say ANYTHING!! [Some of you are saying, "Ummm...you are one of those folks" but really, I'm not. You the stuff people will post. Amazing. And scary.] I like to write about our lives here at the Short house. I do share some personal stuff but things that are way personal should be kept that way. Some people just hang it all out there for the world...things like infidelity, ugly gossip [I guess that should just be gossip since it's all ugly], and how drunk they got last night. Just like you may choose to [or choose not to] read my blog I can also choose to read or not to read some of these that I found. I guess, more than anything, I am frightened that the world is so crazy that people find it acceptable to feel no remorse for anything. Sad, sad, sad....


Cooper got his annual "football-hawk" and I HATE it. I keep telling myself that it's just hair and it will grow back. Right now I want to call him Razor or Spike and check him for hidden weapons and cigarettes. He and Short [and even Gabe] tried to convince me that Gabe should get one too. Are you kidding me? My Gabe has just a few last remnants of baby curls [that are blonde] hanging around his sweet, sun-kissed face. No man with a set of Wal-Mart clippers is going to touch that sweet head of hair. Mom has spoken - and you will listen.



Emma is driving us crazy [what else is new?] to buy her a goldfish. Now girl will not pick up dirty underwear and socks up from her room but she wants a pet to take care of and feed. [I've blogged about this before but we just ain't the pet kind here at the Short house. Actually, I don't even like other people's pets. I'm sorry but honesty is the best policy...unless of course your wife, girlfriend, or any girl in general ask things like, "Does this make my butt look big?" or "Do you think I've gained weight?" or "Does my haircut look bad?" then you better lie like a dog if the answers are not NO!] We promised her when we returned from Canada that she could get a goldfish but that she had to keep it's tank clean and feed it or it would be swimming in the great tank in the sky [via the toilet] and we wouldn't want that to happen. You know that I will keep you posted on that one. And don't judge us on the pet thing.


In other news, Molly actually did get to go on the youth trip - in spirit anyway. Her biffles and the youth minister [who is AWESOME I might add] created a cardboard cutout of her. [And it is so white....just like Molly]. Periodically they post pics of her:





Last night they dressed her for worship and then for bed. Hilarious!!! Paper Molly is having a fantastic time at St. Simon's Island [I think I said Jekyll Island earlier..my bad] while real Molly is here sweating like a pig at softball camp. She has the best biffles and youth group EVER!!!


We are hanging at my mom and dad's for a few days [I would like to say that it's because we just wanted to come over but it's really because I am chicken to say alone and Craig is at the NC Coaches Clinic (aka Testosterone and Coach's Shorts Fest) so I used the excuse that the kids could swim for a few days to hide my fear. Shut it.] and last night we ate dinner in the big house. [We usually stay in the servent's quarters or pool house but we were treated to an evening dinner at the dining room table in the big house...just call us George and Weezy....] We love coming here - it's like a nice little resort without the resort prices. I love my parents ♥


Off to make a blueberry pound cake and lunch for the kiddos. Updates soon on Calgary, the goldfish, Paper Molly, and life in general. As always....it's good to be a Shortie!


1 comment:

  1. omg..paper Molly, LOVE her. LOVE, love love awesome youth groups and youth leaders!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!