Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's a Girl...Sometimes...

Awesome summer so far for the Shorties!! It is hard to believe that it's already the 6th of July. [Some of you are doing some major eye rolling and cursing teachers under your breath. You could have been an underpaid professional, called to teach the youth of America and have your summers off too. Don't hate...appreciate.] I have thoroughly enjoyed my children. We've been swimming, to Swooger's for ice cream, outside catching lightning bugs, to the movies, and up late every single night. I am so blessed :)

So Emma is killin' me this summer. [I'm two for two with the younger Shorties. I say this, all the time, but God did not prepare me for Emma and Gabe by sending Molly and Cooper first. Seriously.] Emma is just funny and extremely irreverent. She is always dressed to impress with painted nails, hair just right, and jewelry. Then-----she passes gas [in some circles (ummm the Short house) words like fart, toot, poof, etc. are used to describe this act] or she burps. Then comes that insane belly laugh. The girl is a nut!! I've tried [I promise. I mean, I swear I have] to teach her that she shouldn't do that [especially when we have company....or she's in public....or really anywhere] but she just thinks I'm funny. [Again, God did not prepare us for her by sending Molly first.] And it's nothing for her to break out in song or dance. On Saturday, she wanted to vacuum [which sent Short and I into momentary comas because no one in our house ever ask to vacuum] and the next thing I know she's singing Sir Mix-A-lot at the top of her lungs. "I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't (someting completely undecipherable) when a girl walks in with an (something something something) you get FUNKY!" Conversation heard later:


Craig: So did you vacuum?
Emma: Yep.
Craig: Am I going to have to vacuum behind you?
Emma: Yep.

She has the little girl, chubby belly thing going on. [Why doesn't that work for me? I'm just fat but she's supposed to look like that....what changes when a girl passes 12?] For this reason, she wears all of her pants below the gut....like a man. Phrase uttered frequently at my house: Emma, pull up your pants!!! Seeing her in a bathing suit is hilarious because she keeps the bottoms pushed down and the top rides up. She marches to the beat of her own drum and I love her for that. Gabe will join the circus and Emma will be on Broadway [or in jail] so the future looks bright for the Shorties!!

Why am I up at 5am, blogging? [Besides the fact that the militant midget wedged himself on the .25 in. space on the edge of the bed and my ribs?] My back is HURTING!!! Several weeks ago I fell on the ground [do not ask me how] and every since then the pain has slowly increased. I have tried stretching, having Gabe walk on it [would not recommend that one to anyone with a desire to keep their tailbone in one piece], lots and lots of Advil and Tylenol, a massage [by Emma and Craig and my sister], heat, ice, and ignoring it. Today, for the first time, I virtually could not move without discomfort. So, in just a few hours, I'll be going to the doctor. BLAH...I hate going to the doctor for several reasons but the two biggest are paying the money and standing on the scale. [Money and weighing in rank right up there with mosquitoes, poison ivy, and people who don't hit 'reply sender' when responding to emails as things on my list of annoying stuff.] But, in this case, lifting my legs without pain, to walk, far outweighs the annoying parts of going to the doctor. [You realize how overrated walking and generally moving are when you hurt your back.]



Life as a Short [even when writhing in pain] is awesome :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!