Friday, April 15, 2011

The Next Two Years?

So I've been thinking alot lately about turning 40 in two years. First of all, where did all the time go? Secondly, why in the world am I so blessed? Lastly, I often wonder what life will be like in the next 40 years. [Sounds like a sad country music song doesn't it?] Seriously, my Moo will be 16 this year ~ it seems like it was just yesterday that we brought her home, looked at each other, and said "Now what?"!!! [Incidentally, we sometimes still look at each other and say that about her...and Cooper....and Emma. With Gabe we just say, "Does not surprise me at all."] What are the things I want to accomplish, in the next two years, before I am 40? [Thought you'd never ask.] The list is long but accomplishable [Some of you are cringing at my made up word - I don't care. Don't be so uptight. Live a little and break the rules of grammar one time....yes, even you Stephanie!] I was going to name this The Bucket List but decided that this isn't the "list" but A list. Everyone needs some perspective....and this is mine: 1. Take my kids back to Disney World. 2. Run a half marathon [If you refer to Run Missy Run then you will know that training hasn't been my strong point through this whole running thing.] 3. Finish the Ramblin' Rose in under an hour. 4. Learn how to shag and then go shagging at Myrtle Beach. [Shagging as in I Love Beach Music and Sixty Minute Man for those of you thinking otherwise] 5. Read classic literature like Pride and Prejudice. 6. Get new furniture and learn a thing or two about decorating my house. 7. Go to Key West with Short ♥ 8. Lead a women's Bible study at my church. 9. Volunteer. 10. Raise lots and lots of money for Susan G. Komen. 11. Be the kind of teacher that kids will never forget because they had so much fun learning. [Sounds sort of teacherish but it's from the heart.] 12. Get a tattoo. [Some of you have now officially given up on me. Don't judge me. I have my reasons but I choose not to share now.] So there you have it ~ my goals in a list. Funny thing is, I've never made a "To-Do" list in my life. I don't even wear a watch and I cannot tell you how many pocket calendars there are, floating around my house and desk at work, that have NOTHING written in them. This should be interesting. I'll keep you posted :) I had a fabulous week at work but I am so very glad it is time for spring break. Everyone has asked me what my plans were for the week and my answer? As little as possible :) I am planning on spending lots of time with my sweet babies and my favorite coach, working in my yard [Thanks to Donna, Emma has cucumbers and squash seeds for her garden], letterboxing, and making time to run. [I've got a little wager with myself that, come May 7, I will be ready to run the my next 5k well enough to beat a certain someone who shall remain nameless to those of you out there in cyberspace.] With another KM win tonight, the weekend is starting out pretty well. Emma and Gabe have their first Tball game tomorrow and based on practice.....

....it should be interesting. I'm not sure if he was dancing or doing karate or doing dancing karate. I do know that he looks like the hammer wielding turtle from Super Mario Bros with that batting helmet on his head.



As always, life as a Short is just awesome :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!