Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gettin' My Spring On

So I've tried for nearly 45 minutes to get a stupid video from Youtube to embed into this stupid blog and the stupid thing is not working - STUPID!! [Ohhhhhh....Gabe says stupid is a bad word.] There you go....what I get for saying stupid over and over again.... You know what is stupid? People that think it's all about them. [Some of you are really scratchin' the noggin going, "Where the heck is she going with this one?"] Two words for you: Parents. Sports. Let's just say it's been a tough season so far. I cannot stand to sit in the bleachers and hear people talk about kids that are playing. Seriously? Are you kidding me? There is nothing more redneck [including me using a screw driver as a pointer in my classroom to show the answer to a question on a reflectance graph....Google that one my friends....reflectance graph, not screwdriver] than some IGNORANT fan, in the stands, complaining about a kid that is playing. THEY ARE KIDS!!! These are not professional athletes, getting paid bazillions of stupid [there I go again] dollars to play. They are playing because they want to be out there and they are still learning. And if they are not getting to play then perhaps they [That would include the parents who find it so easy to throw everyone else under the bus except for their kid] should reflect on what they need to be doing to get into the line-up or on the track or in the next series. Stop blaming everyone and excuse the cliche: THERE IS NO "I" IN "TEAM"!!! And here's another hint for you.... You are not entitled [just because you put on the uniform and you're on the team] to ANYTHING!! There is not a coach out there that owes you ANYTHING - you have to earn it. I'm not an athlete - don't even pretend to be one - but I am around them alot. I am simply sick to death of the entitlement that some think they are owed....especially when it's coming from parents. GROW UP and SHUT UP.... [Please excuse me while I put my soapbox neatly back in the closet.....] Now, in other news, it is springtime ladies and gentlemen. I simply cannot wait to see what blooms in my yard. [FYI - even when it blooms this chick ain't got a clue - I leave weeds and pull up flowers for goodness sake. Is there a gardening intervention?] My daddy is coming some time over the next few days to till us a place for a little garden - do you think I even know what to plant? Ummmm - NOOOO!! I was Googling gardening in NC today so that I know what I can plant and when. Emma's really excited so I hope it happens. As always, life at the Short house is most excellent.

1 comment:

  1. AA..freakin..Men!! haha I was wondering who would get to this 'sports fan' Blog first ;) yeah, I woulda put my money on you too! Oh and btw - I LOVE Six-word Memoirs! I started this year with them!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!