Monday, April 18, 2011

Ahhhh.....100

So it's my 100th post tonight. Exciting huh? [Super eye rolling going on right now I am sure] And, to top it off, it is spring break ~ WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! [Those of you that aren't teachers are seriously eye rolling now. You can stop. You could have been a teacher. We make tons of money AND have our summers off. So there.] What a fabulous day it was today. Our day began by waking up to Emma and Gabe running, top speed, through the house. And there was screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. Of course, it was only 8am. [That constitutes sleeping late at the Short house] We decided to keep the preschool bully home with us today. [The daycare really needed a break] He and Emma immediately went outside with me. I was cutting monkey grass and pruning rose bushes [or pruning monkey grass and cutting rose bushes - not sure what is what. I know what monkey grass and rose bushes are...I was talking about pruning and cutting] Of course, my lack of a green thumb was immediately noticeable. I took to sending pictures on my cell phone to my mom and dad, making sure I hadn't cut something too short. My mom tells me that it is hard to mess up a rose bush - she obviously doesn't know that I can't tell a plant from a weed. In fact, on Sunday, my dad and I walked around his house and I pointed at things growing in his yard, "What is that 'cause I have one of those in my yard?" Sad. I have the beautiful yard and I can't take care of it!!!!! I need a gardening intervention - immediately! The babes played outside all day. I could not believe it. We didn't even turn on the TV [That, in itself, is a complete miracle. Serioulsy.] Molly even made her way outside [way later than the rest of us 'cause she was still asleep. Shocker I know] and spent most of the morning coaching Gabe and Emma on the finer points of tball. Gabe is just excited to make contact with the ball and Emma swears that EVERY hit is a homerun. After the coach released them from "practice" they decided to give each other tattoos on the swing set. Yes, I said tattoos. They were each taking turns giving the other tattoos. Emma wanted one that covered her back and Gabe just wanted one on his calf. [Fast forward 15 years to Gabe and Emma's tattoo parlor, "Hey Gabe! Do you remember when we used to pretend to give each other tattoos? Ha ha ha ha!"] This was just after Emma tried to jump over Gabe, balled up on the ground, by flying out of the swing. [We thrive on danger and nonsense at our house. Don't judge us.] Short and I ended up taking a huge load of brush [that's the correct term] to the dump. It took us almost 15 minutes to unload it. And we probably have at least two more loads of junk tomorrow. [We've probably cut down some endangered tree or bush or something really important and left the weeds.] The folks that lived here before us left a bunch of junk out by the building - random rebar, paint cans from 1974, half a garden hose, 3/4's of a birdhouse, and a ton of those tomato stakes. Not to mention those half-barrell looking planters in the backyard - we have two. My goal is to win Yard O' The Week in KM. [And avoid getting poison ivy in the process - found some of that too.] Tomorrow is mulch day. [And apparently mom (aka me) is getting up to fix some fancy, smancy breakfast for the masses. Really? It's spring break. Eat some cereal and let me sleep.] And hopefully Paw Paw will be here soon to till the garden otherwise Emma is going to lose it. [And she is THE diva - it's not too pretty - she acts like her daddy. Those of you that know me know that is absolutely, 100% true. 100%] And Thursday you ask? Well that's the Parrothead reunion. And that great fillin' station hold up cost me two good years. I can't wait! [Not so sure that Short is as excited as me. He keeps asking me if he'll have a good time.] Fins to the left, fins to the right and you're the only girl in town. It's been a few years since I've seen him in concert and it's always a party. I like mine with lettuce and tomato. Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. I love spring break ♥ As always, life as a Short is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!