Friday, May 28, 2010

Pee Clothes and Other Oddities

Gabe has done very well using the potty. In fact, he's done so good that we aren't even putting him in Pull-Ups at night. [Of course, Coop fears that he'll wake up to a golden shower in the middle of the night since Gabe sleeps right above him but so far so good.] This past week at nursery, he had a small accident during nap and had to change into his extra clothes. Fast forward to this morning, as Craig was preparing them to go out the door..."Gabe! You need some pee clothes!" I called out. He answered with, "Mommy! My dingle is all out of pee. Why do I need pee clothes?" Guess he had me with that one! I just piled them up and said, "Give them to Miss Trish!"

Today, the papartment collection of maintenance misfits were supposed to come do "general maintenance" inside our unit. [I feel as if, when it is called a unit, that I'm in some sci-fi thriller. Of course, when I see some that live around here, I am reminded that I'm still living Deliverance Meets Boyz in the Hood. At least, Super Weird Dad Guy has moved on to stalk some other small child.] I'm not sure what "general maintenance" entails but I can assure you it did not include a new toilet seat. Yes, there is still duct tape on the seat. Yes, the seat is still broken. Yes, you might still be a red neck if you have a toilet with duct tape on it. I'm not sure what they "generally fixed" but I feel creepy that other people were in my house [Or unit as we affectionately call it around here] while I wasn't home. I try not to think about it...that doesn't work. On the bright side, the we-stay-up-all-hours-of-the-night-and-drop-randomly-large-objects-in-the-floor-neighbors above us have either fled the country [He writes on the bumper of his car....I'm just sayin...] or they are on vacation - fled the country sounds more plausible. We haven't heard their foot steps, loud bangs, coughs, or strange noises for nearly a week now. [Reminds me of a song: "Almost Paradise..we're knockin' on Heaven's door...how we could we ask for more..."] We do have a new neighbor...with a cat...on a leash. [Which reminds of yet another song: "Catscratch fever!"] Did Ted Bundy own a cat?

I have decided to focus on some changes in my life over the summer. I cannot wait to be out of school [6.5 days left...but who's counting?] and I cannot wait to spend the summer with my babies [including Shorty] but I have decided that I have to get back into shape. I am just completely embarassed at my weight - how could I let myself go like this? I was doing so well just 3 months ago and now it's like I turn around because I think someone if following me and I see it is just my big butt...I am not going to be the fat girl anymore. I have signed up for the women's only triathlon in September so it is my goal this summer to get back into shape. Stay tuned....

Tomorrow is Emma Katherine's dance recital and Molly's got a tournament in Spartanburg so we will be busy. As always, life is fantastic :)

Missy ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!