Monday, May 10, 2010

I Didn't Say It - It Was My Head!!

So I didn't officially fall off into blogger abyss, never to be seen or read again. Nor did I give up on the ranting and raving of life as a Short...we've just been busy. Blah, blah, blah - lame excuse I know but true. Between softball and softball and more softball it is hard for a girl to find time to do much of anything except, of course, watch softball. Short even had it on TV last night [Can I get a what the *&^% on that one? I feel like someone bunted, I missed the signal, and slid into third, only to be tagged high] Now don't get me wrong, I truly love watching my Molly Moo play and I love watching Coach Short do his thing but 3 or 4 games in a week, with Gabe and Emma chanting, "We want ice cream! We want cake! We want slushies! We want candy!" is just about more than one can handle...ya dig? We did make the playoffs and our first game is at home so that will be much easier on me...now where is that daisy? You know the one that I choose to chant, "I hope we win (pluck) I hope we lose (pluck)" whilst feverishly plucking petals?

Speaking of softball, [aren't we always?] tonight Gabe gave me yet another reason to win Mother of the Year. As we were preparing to leave the tiny little abode we call home Gabe said the word dammit to Cooper. Now Coop, not wanting to repeat what Gabe just told him instead spelled the word for me. I asked, "Gabe, why did you say that?" and his reply? [Thought you'd never ask!] "Mommy, I didn't say that...it was my head!" "So tell your head not to say things like that," I commanded him, all while I was surpressing hee hawing laughter. "OK! Head, don't say dammit. It's not nice." Really? And now you know the rest of the story....

We ventured out to look at houses this past Saturday. It was fun and a little overwhelming. [We'll get to the that in a minute] Gabe never meets a stranger. Apparently, the strangers' houses count as well. In one house, before we could get to him, he was laid up on the bed. In another, he decided he needed to potty. In yet another, he pulled toys out of a draw and played with them. And yes, he picked out "his room" in each house. I hope no one had video cameras or we could end up in trouble or on Youtube...or both.

Looking for houses is fun, exciting, and nerve racking all at the same time. I hate money and finanaces and dealing with credit. I also really hate getting my hopes up by looking at a house but knowing in the back of my mind that it is a pipe dream to even begin to think I can afford it. My question is this: What in the world to people do for a living if they have a nice big, decorated house, AND drive a nice big Suburban or Lexus SUV AND take lavish vacations? I can tell what they ain't doing for a living and this is teaching for the state of NC. I want so much for my kids to have their own space and their own rooms and a place to call home [This apartment has literally and figuratively "sprung a leak" - the sink in our HUGE master is dripping...the dishwasher has to be replaced...the sink in the kitchen is leaking...and our toilet seat broke] but right now I just don't think Short and I can swing it. How disappointing for us right now...but we'll be ok....:)

Got my passport today - the government is making a killing [Just in case some of you weren't aware of that little tid bit] off of this "service". We are new at this international travel thing so getting our picture made BEFORE entering the PP office was not on our "to do" list. An easy $30 made off of fools like us. And, you can't pay with your debit card unless you pay the $1.10 fee for a money order [which is printed right there!!!!!] to pay for the $15 picture and small book...which you HAVE to HAVE to fly into Canada. So all in all, $231 and one ulcer later, we are ready to fly to Canada :)

So much to say...stay tuned for more later. For now just remember that life is good...always :)
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!