Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cooper! You're a Fuzzy!

As always there is so much to share about life as a Short...tonight is no different.

This past Saturday, we helped Short at the Hit-A-Thon. Afterwards, we rode over to the garage to put the Gator up. On our way, we passed the hurdles on the track and I commented to Short that Molly would be a good hurdler. [As if I know what it takes to be a good hurdler - I trip over my own feet so I am quite sure hurdling would be a pipe dream for me.] Well fast forward to yesterday afternoon and her is the conversation in my car:
Emma: Momma! Did you tell Molly she would be good at girdles?
Me [thinking to myself, "What the heck?"]: Emma, I have no clue what you are talking about?
Emma: You know...you said she'd be good at girdles? We saw those girdles the other day at Daddy's school.
Me [Thinking again, "What the heck? Did I miss something...does Craig have girdles in his classroom? And if so, why?"]: Emma, I really don't know what you are talking about.
Molly: Momma! Do you really think I need to wear a girdle? Why do I need a girdle?
Emma: You know!!! You said she would be good at jumping those girdles at the football field.
Me [Finally...I caught on!!]: You mean hurdles? Not girdles - hurdles!!
Molly: Thank goodness!! I sure don't want to need a girdle.
Never, ever a dull moment is it?

Today, as we were riding back to KM for the big game, Gabriel got mad at Cooper. "You are a fuzzy Cooper!!" I almost ran off the road [Not because fuzzy is a terrible name to call someone but....] because I know he was trying to call his big brother a "hussy"!!! Now where has he heard that word? Hmmmm...let me think... Could it be because Short calls me hussy all the time? [No, he's not a terrible, name-calling husband who berates his wife in front of his children....I promise...he would get a butt whoopin fo' sho....] Short and I have this thing where he always says he wants to fight me - like our very own Fight Club [Of course, the first rule of Fight Club is? You never talk about Fight Club.] as a joke when I one-up him. So, I'm thinking the little man picked up the word "hussy" from his Papa and decided to break it out on Cooper...only he nailed him with "Fuzzy"!!!

My familly almost lost me one night last week and yet the story would have been a great one to tell. As you know, we are sick and tired of life in the "papartment" [Even though we put on the "it's-not-as-bad-as-you-think face" when people ask us...it just plain sucks to be completely honest!] and we are ready to move. One night last week I had to use the bathroom [really, if you must know, I simply had to pee] and I've been fighting the toilet seat for about a month now. [it has a huge crack in it and no, it wasn't me - Short broke it.] I've been after Craig to duct tape it [You might be a red neck if your toilet seat has duct tape on it.] so it will quit pinching me. Well, he didn't, the seat pinched, I jumped and the entire seat slid sideways and off the edge of the actual bowl. Now how bad would Short have felt if he'd found me with a large, gaping wound in my head from hitting the bathtub, falling off of the toilet...THAT HE SHOULD HAVE DUCT TAPED?!!! Geez...we gotta get outta here!

Only 14.5 more days of school left [I would have put "one half" in numbers but I don't like the way the slash looks] and I am ready for the summertime. As always, life as a Short is just plain awesome!

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!