Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy...Happy...Happy

Yes, that is a reference to Duck Dynasty.  I want to work at Duck Commander.  I want to just sit and talk to Si.  I think I'll pack it up and move to West Monroe, Louisiana.  How hard can duck hunting actually be?  [I don't actually believe I could shoot one.  Might be hard if you can't shoot one....]  Doesn't that show just make you smile? [If it doesn't then you need to lighten up and get over yourself because you are way too serious and snooty. #realtalk] 

Why am I quoting the great Phil Robertson?  Tomorrow [well, its actually today] I will have been married to my favorite coach for 17 glorious years.  My, my, my...how time has flown.  [Some of you are just now catching up..."Hmmm...17 years of marriage...the oldest is 17...Yes. We put the cart before the horse.  It's over and we've moved on.  Maybe  you should too.]  I love that bearded man!!  He makes me laugh.  He loves me [which ain't easy] and he looks after me.  He loves our children unconditionally.  He is witty and smart and yes, sometimes I act like he hung the moon [maybe he did].  The best part of him is his faith.  He is a Godly man who loves Jesus with all his heart.  He tries so hard to instill that in our children and I think it shows.  And even though he cannot use Saran wrap to cover leftovers and he follows cars too closely on the interstate, I think he is the most amazing husband and dad ever.  I love you Coach ♥!  Thanks for almost 20 years [17 spent being hitched] of way more good times than bad and for loving me for who I am [which is part lunatic most of the time].  I am one lucky woman!

It wouldn't be a Step Away without a little Shortie Story Time....

The oldest has a BF! [For those of you in the dark ages that does not stand for big foot, booger finder, or boloney face...]  ~ Girl has a boyfriend :)  Started out at what we referred to at Casa de la Short as "Prom Date".  Here are a few things overheard the last couple of weeks:
  • We are just going to the prom!
  • I want to wait until prom to see how it goes.
  • *insert eye roll* I am not getting married - we are just friends going to the prom.
  • *insert eye roll and huff* Stop saying he is my boyfriend. 
After last Saturday:
  • We are dating.
  • Yes, he is my boyfriend.
  • *insert eye roll* I am not getting married - GEEZ - it is just a boyfriend.
  • Yes, we are dating. Stop asking me.
Her brother did not take it well and insisted on meeting this "young man" before he starts dating his sister.  [Because at the ripe old age of 14 the brother has it "going on" enough to say that. Please.]  He is nice, she likes him, they have a lot in common, and she smiles when she says his name.  Gabe thinks he's cool, her daddy has semi scared the crap out of him [no guns necessary - just a real firm handshake from a man that towers over you seems to do it], and he is very polite to my girl.  We will see how it goes....who knows what God has in store?  [At this point, after she reads this post, this is where she wants to crawl under a rock.  And this is where I pat her on the head and say, "It's OK my child. You will get over it.  Its my job."]  What the poor boy doesn't know is that when he gets her he gets us all....the whole crazy, dysfunctional bunch.  Start your prayers for him now....please!!!  I promise to post prom pics in a few weeks [and any other cute ones I can snap of the two of them between now and then].

As always, life as a Shortie is just awesome!! [More later...8:30 and 3 miles will come early in the A.M.!]

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!