Monday, November 5, 2012

We Are the Champions

[Grammar Disclaimer:  I was up, LATE, blogging because some things were on my mind.  I apologize for any mistakes that were here - I fixed them. Sue me grammar Nazis. And I realized, be it the hair dye induced stupor or the fact that it was late, that some of what I said didn't make a lick of sense. Not that it ever makes a lick of sense but once I read it again I tried to "fix" it.  Who cares really?] 

Sorry to just now be getting back to you with the official winner of the first ever Great Pumpkin Race here at the Casa de la Shortie but we've been a might bit busy.  [I know several of you have been on pins and needles, awaiting the outcome of this highly contested race.  Thank you for your patience.]  Thanks for participating in our contest.  And the winner is [insert drum roll] --------- Pumpkin A
Drawn by none other than our very own Gabe :)
I feel certain that Emma is going to feel somewhat slighted so I am going to use my mom card and tell her it was a tie. [She isn't one of my 7 lurkers so its all good in the hood.]

We've also been extremely busy celebrating the success of the latest champion in our house - Coop Dog!!  The middle school won the Tri-County Championship this past Wednesday!! 
Scoring the TD that helped us get to the championship...Coop is #52, just to left of #8

Sharing a precious moment with his biggest fan and best coach, his daddy. 
It was a magical moment for Coop.  He has certainly had his share of disappointments in the last several months so to watch him be so excited was just perfect ♥  God  picked this young man up, when he had reached the point of no return, and gently guided him out.  Every since he realized his worth was not found in this world but in the eyes of Jesus Christ my son has truly changed.  This one moment meant more to our family than anything.  If I let myself go there [and sometimes I do] and I think about what could have happened then I almost get physically sick.  We could have been "that family" were it not for the amazing God we worship, who "never let go, through the calm and through the storm."

Its moments like the one in the picture that put it all into perspective for me.  They [my favorite coach and my Shorties] are what matter most in my life.  I can have it all - the money, the car, the fancy house, the nicest clothes, the social status, the "stuff" - but NONE of that compares to these moments. Moments of love and joy and celebration. Moments that aren't tangible but only felt in the heart.  God given moments that remind me, so vividly, that there is absolutely nothing better than the hugs of my children.  Thank you Jesus for always reminding us about the things which truly matter.

My thoughts, at the onset of this blog post, were to write a scathing [that's a $2 word isn't it?] post about the upcoming elections.  I wanted to write rant about my disgust of politics but this one image, of my son made me change my mind....briefly.  So...here it goes...my one post about politics this year...or EVER!

I could really, in complete honesty, care less about who you are voting for and why.  I do not care if you are a Democrat, Republican, Independent, or wishy-washy depending on the latest ad you just caught while watching Honey Boo Boo [which probably puts you into a class all alone if you are actually wasting time and energy to watch that crap called reality TV].  I don't care if you do not like our current president nor if you believe Reagan should be called up from the grave.  I don't care if you think Bill Clinton should've been impeached or if you hate the way George W. says, " 'Merica." STOP [all caps in cyber space means I am yelling and I am most definitely yelling] filling up my Facebook news feed, my time line on Twitter, and my ears with YOUR opinion.   DO NOT try to sway my vote by telling me who you voted for - that is just rude and condescending.  

DO NOT badger me to vote on Tuesday - I plan on voting and I don't need your prodding  
[another $2 word]. 

And please, for the sake of my sanity, if you are not of the age to actually cast a vote then stop spouting off at the mouth, in between your drama filled tweets and teenage angst, about healthcare reform and foreign policy - most of you can't even drive!  I will vote for whom ever I choose.  . 

Will November 7th get here fast enough? I may not agree with who wins but I will pray for these leaders. We need to pray for our country - its not just the people leading it but folks like us that need to take a step back and re-evaluate ourselves.  We can agree to disagree and move on.  Last time I checked, [and considering the 16 year old is taking honor's US history its usually a daily thing], we are one nation united.  Now, I know that sounds cliche, but its exactly how I feel right now. 

As always, [even when politics is being shoved down my throat], life as a Shortie is good :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!