Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What Will They Say?

Hello peeps and Happy Almost Thanksgiving!!!  I have been super busy [want some cheese with that whine?] and I haven't made the time to blog.  Craig and I get up at 4:45am to run so my nights of staying up late are O-V-E-R.  It seems like every day, by the time I get home and have time to sit down, I am too tired to get it all done.  I miss my time here on Step Away :(
 
I began my allergy shots about a month ago.  So far, so good.  I  haven't had severe reactions - just a lot of localized itching and swelling.  It's weird that I know the wasp injection as soon as I get it.  Not gonna lie...brings back some serious nightmares.  Each week the injections increase...fun, fun, fun.  I get so nervous now with every bee sighting and I am always armed with the Epi

As I sat at the allergist today, I read the newspaper. [Now I love some magazines but the ones in this joint have been there since before I was born.  I think Reagan was still president in the Time magazines - no lie.] I always read the obituaries.  [I know its morbid but follow me.] I guess I get that from my dad.  He says he always reads them to make sure he doesn't see his own name...I suppose I have followed his logic.
 
The ones I read were so very personal and it really made me think about what my own will say when I die. [Some of you just labeled me as certifiably AND morbidly crazy.  I don't care.]  The obituaries that caught my eye were both for women that weren't really that much older than me. [I am not quite 40 yet.]  I guess the fact that both of these women were young made me think.
 
I hope and pray that my own legacy is one that reflects a life that was well lived.  I don't want to be remembered because I always kept a clean house [not likely] or that I was well-dressed [again, not likely].  I don't want to be remembered for being unfriendly or shallow. 
 
I want others to see Christ in me. I want to leave my mark on this world in a positive and inspiring way.  I have a long way to go but I hope, that even now, the people know what I stand for in this crazy world.  I love my Jesus, my family, and my life. 
 
That is how I want to be remembered.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!