Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friendships


This is Emma's best friend in all the world. She and Emma were in the same first grade class this year. What an awesome experience for Emma to get to know her. Through the year they learned to depend on each other. Hopefully, the two of them will be in second grade together next year.












This is Molly's best friend, Emily. [Honestly, I think they cannot breathe without each other...they should get an apartment together.....they know each other's thoughts...it is scary] Emily and Molly are so opposite: Emily is the singer, wears makeup and jewelry, and enjoys shopping and shoes. Molly is the ball player, laughs at makeup and jewelry, and would rather gnaw her right arm off than go shopping. [Unless you are shopping for tennis shoes.] I am so thankful they are friends because the two of them are so unique but they share one thing in common ~ each has a very strong faith and love for God. It warms my heart to know that their cherished frienship is not on accident - it began at church. I've spoken many, many times of our amazing church [First Baptist Church of KM] but honestly, it has been such a blessing and a source of so many friendships for all of us. Emily's parents are some of our closest friends and we spend a lot of time with them. Molly and Emily spend so much time together that each has a a pile of junk at the other's house. Seriously, if Emily can't get Molly to answer her phone [we have the same problem too] then she calls me. Emily is my other daughter and Molly is the other daughter at their house. God truly had His hand in this match. They have a group of friends that they hang out with all the time ~ they swim, they shop, they spend the night, they make awesome [their words] videos, and they take a million pics of themselves. As a parent, I am so very thankful that each of these young ladies [and young men] are the friends that Molly has chosen. They are caring, Christian young people who are going to make waves one day!!






And my blog about friendships would not be complete without talking about my BFF ~ Steffi. She rocks and always has...since we met in third grade. She'a always been a part of my life. We spent so much time together that by the time we were driving in high school it was a given that either she was at my house or I was at her house. Once [well, way more than just once] we stayed up all night, and beat Donkey Kong on Nintendo [yes, the original Nintendo]. And we spent way too much time cruising the court square in Lincolnton. Of course we had our differences: She is a DOOK fan and I am a Tarheel, she likes elephants and I like cows [both large animals...hmmmmm], she is a little bit more prissy than me, she's very musical but I'm not so much, and she loves some college basketball while I'm more the college football fan. We both have an affinity for all things space [stars, Space Shuttles, etc], we are both 49ers, we are both 8th grade science teachers [and slightly dorky...that's how we roll] we love Gastonia [Bahahahahaha!!!!], she taught me how to LBX and love it, she introduced me to the Hunger Games and Celia Rivenbark, and we both love the Red Roof Inn [Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!]. She will always be my best friend and I love her:)





I am so very thankful that school is out for the summer. Gabe will be home from nursery all summer [that gives me lots of time to get him straight], along with the other Shorties. Craig and I will going back to Calgary at the end of July, he is coaching in the High School All-American bowl here in KM, and we are planning on taking the kids on some "day-cations" this summer. [I know, that sounds so very dorky but we are lacking two things: money and more money for a regular vacation] We also plan on spending a lot of time swimming at Nana and Paw Paw's house. Molly and I will begin training for the triathlons we are doing in August and September. We heart summer at the Short house.




As always, life, like our summer break, is good:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!