Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Attitude is What it's All About

My husband was named Big South Conference Softball Coach of the Year!!! [FYI: I am the brains behind the operation. I keep him in check.] I am so very proud of him! What an honor for your peers to pick you. That is why he's my favorite coach :) I speak on his behalf [because we've been together a LOOOOONNNNNGGG time and I can do that] when I say that he could not have earned this honor without his awesome coaching staff and the equally awesome group of girls he coached this year. How lucky am I to see him coach and Molly play at the same time? Extremely blessed ♥

Lots of changes for next year. I am moving classrooms [and I have a lot of stuff...and this new room does not have a lot of space for my stuff....that means time to clean up] and moving to work with new teammates. I have discovered that change is tough. It is extremely hard to leave what is familiar and move on to what is unfamiliar. We teachers are very territorial - we like to get really comfortable and most of us have lots of "stuff".

But I realized something this afternoon, in the middle of my pity party about packing and moving and painting and starting over - God has his hand in the middle of all of this and it's all going to be a-okay. I have a wonderful job, I work with awesome people, and I LOVE being a dorky science teacher. [Emphasis on teacher and not dorky please.] I really need to get over it - it's not about me anyway :)

If you read my Facebook status' then you know Gabe had a rough day yesterday. He decided that he would tell his friends to "shut up" and call them stupid then he proclaimed [and loudly] a the word "boobies" to everyone and anyone that cared to listen. He got a stern lecture in the car [though it was hard to hear over Molly's hee-hawing after she read the note from the teacher] but I doubt it did much good. I'm not sure about how to punish him way after it happens. At home, when he does things like this [after we hide so he doesn't see us laughing] we pop his little fanny. But corporal punishment 4 or 5 hours after he's said something at nursery does not seem to have any affect on him. [However it does make for good Facebook conversations and nighttime chats with Craig.] I promise you that we do not go around yelling the word "boobies" at our house [not through the week anyway] and we do try very hard to be good parents to our children [well, at least I try very hard....I wonder about Craig's parenting sometimes....just kidding....maybe].

This morning Gabe was counting for us - in Spanish. The militant midget can hardly count in English so you can imagine what we heard....


Uno, dos, tres, mucho, ocho, eennie, meanie, quattro.


I made him say it over and over again. I asked him where he learned it - nursery. [Ummm....yes, that's a check for us for finding the multi-cultural nursery setting. That sort of erases the whole female anatomy thing for us doesn't it?] Tonight he broke out "Apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur....she had the whole club lookin' at her...she hit the flo, next thang you know shorty got low, low, low, low...." And many nights we hear Do Da Dippity from the Kia commerical with the thug hamsters. [At least he has variety.]




As always, even when the evil preschool bully is out, life is good :)




Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!