Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pajamas, Popcorn, and Presents

The Diva had her first PJ party this past Friday. [Well, to correct me, the mere peasant, it was a Princess Pajama Party] There was nail painting, make-up, and of course, pajamas. There were 7 little girls [and so many of you thought I was crazy for having 7, plus Emma, over to spend the night - oh how you doubted me!!!] plus three older girls [Molly, Emily, and Haley]. Justin Bieber was the man [I use that term very lightly] of the hour and then Taylor Swift came on the scene. There was dancing - lots and lots of dancing. Three pillow fights broke out in the midst of the dancing - that was funny!

We ordered them chicken nuggets and fries for dinner. I would have opted for pizza but knowing how picky my own children are I was afraid that everyone wouldn't like pizza. Craig went early in the day and ordered 100 nuggets for me. [We were afraid 50 wouldn't be enough ~ plus Molly made a stink about feeding her or something like that...I really wasn't listening that closely] The nuggets were a hit and there was enough left over for Molly and Gabe the next day. [My only complaint was having to handle the Ranch dressing bottle and then having to clean up Ranch dressing off the plates. That stuff is so nasty....it makes me gag. ]

After cake, cheese doodles [ice cream is SO overrated], and more Sierra mist the Diva opened her gifts. One Webkinz, tiara, PJs, new shirt, craft kits, Toy Story 3 Barbie, Barbie Makeup, McDonald's gift card, and some money later all the little darlins were holed up in Molly's room, playing Truth or Dare. [Emma's turn: Truth or Dare? Molly: Truth . Emma: Did we stretch Dr. Suess' hat all the way around the school or not? Molly (taking a big leap of faith here): Not. Emma: You are soooooo wrong!! This game was serious folks. I am super surprised we didn't have a cat fight or something.]

Finally, around 10:15 or so, I made a huge pallet in the living room, and commenced to getting everyone to go to the bathroom so we could go to sleep. [They drank 24 miniature Sierra Mist so I had to make a drink run at 9:30 - these girls were seriously thirsty] By 11 all the little princess' were sound asleep [and one of them snores], the prince [Gabe] was asleep on the couch, and I patted myself on the back - one perfect princess pajama party complete :)


It's been a fantastic weekend at the Short house. Craig and Cooper went to Anderson, SC for a basketball tournament. He texted me Saturday morning to tell me that he forgot to pack his socks and underwear. [Yes, that means one of two things: A. He opted not to wear undies or B. He wore the dirty ones. Not that ANYONE (including me) cares but he chose the latter. And he wore a pair of clean socks from Cooper. I guess I need to start checking behind him like I do Emma....can't send him anywhere can I?] Craig took me on a "date" to the matinee then out to eat. [Cheap date but date nonetheless.....] We saw Liam Neeson's Unknown - awesome movie! I love Liam Neeson ~ he is one bad dude. We also ate a little Mexican at the Don Ramone's in Shelby. I love my Mr. Short :) Plus, we enjoyed a great Tarheel victory!!

The Diva got her ears pierced today....and she didn't even shed a tear or flinch! [Nana says she hopes this isn't the beginning of many piercings...and/or tattoos....I guess we will see....] And, I took Gabe grocery shopping - ^%$@!$%&*><":} is about all I have to say about that....

As always, life as a Short is good :) Have an awesome week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!