Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just Wondering....

I go to the grocery store every weekend [Yes,I lead a very boring and simple life - sue me for being predictable]. My ritual is to hit Aldi first then Wal-Mart...I have it down to a science. I follow my list and get in, then get out. The last two weekends I have had this group ask me for money outside of Wal-Mart. Last weekend I truly did not have any money.
[Shocker but I actually used the check card instead of using cash ~ Short had a very weak moment.] Yesterday,I did have money and had it been the Girl Scouts [Who can resist some GS cookies?] or a church or a ball team or the Salvation Army ringer then yes, I would have been glad to give them money. This group today was called Teens United Across America and they are raising money for a teen center here in Shelby. They were selling carmel corn. Something just does not strike me as legitimate with this group [And those of you that know me well know that I am a bleeding heart - I will buy candy bars, doughnuts, and other stuff to support kids in our community]. It is not my place to decide how the money is used but to my knowledge there is not a youth center planned here in Shelby. I don't mind giving but not today.

I took the smallest Shorties letterboxing today. As soon as we got out of the car and began walking down the trail I began to immediately regret the decision to have Gabe with me. [Some of you are going, "Awwww..poor Gabe." Don't feel sorry for him - he is ROTTEN.] We read exactly half the clue when he started with his "I'm hot and tired and my feet hurt" monologue. We had yet to find one letterbox and he was ready to go....there were 7 on this trail. He did OK [When he wasn't picking up random sticks and stopping to pee] until it was time to go. The boy LOVES my cell phone [Actually he loves anything electronic] so he was taking pictures of everything. He may have called China for all I know....

In other news I have decided that keeping my car clean [on the inside] is so very overrated. [Craig does not share this sentiment with me. He hates my car. He doesn't drag 4 kids all over creation or put on his makeup in the car every day...at least I don't think he does the makeup thing.] He made some comments about the car looking trashy and hillbilly....I was too busy scraping gum and Fruit Loops off my pants to listen. Yes, I could clean it up. Yes, I could make the kids keep it cleaner. No, ain't gonna happen. He should just stick to his tiny truck...or stop complaining. [He would really cringe if he saw my desk at school ~ let's just say that I "find" things there frequently.] He will get over it...eventually...or he will clean it out [which is what I am shooting for]
.

So I was just wondering about some things tonight....
A. Do gumball trees really serve a purpose? Those things are ALL over my yard...yeah.
2. Why does Gabe think that sleeping is overrated? Here we are - at 11:28pm on Sunday night - and he'still awake.
3. Glitter multiplies [as in very quickly] and there is nothing that any man can do to stop it. Emma got a paint splatter thingy for her birthday [Yeah....just what we needed....something else to sling a mess all over...isn't that Gabe's job?] We used it last weekend and I am still finding glitter everywhere. It's a natural phenomenon that cannot be explained.

4. Why can't my kids see the mess in the kitchen sink? Is it invisible to them?
5. Why does my husband like to watch those cable access preaching shows at night? He is obsessed...he knows what time they come on...he knows the people on each show...creepy.
6. Why can't I just go outside and run 4 or 5 miles and not feel like my lungs are going to collapse?
7. I want to have money...more money than I can count...then Craig won't have to worry so much. We work hard and we are well educated. How hard is it to win the lottery these days?
And finally, 8. How do they get those boats inside those glass bottles?

As always...penniless or not, life as a Short is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!