Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorites...Short Style

Oprah has her show each year where she gives away Oprah's favorite things like pocket books, cell phones, vacations, etc. [I don't even watch Oprah...I am more like a Springer girl....don't judge my redneck family] I thought I would share the Short family favorites tonight. [However do not expect me to supply you with powdered donuts, diet Sundrop, and Blackwoods but thanks again for reading.]


Favorite TV Show: Friday Night Lights [Tim Riggins might just be the world's most beautiful man], The Office [That's what she said!] , Kings of Queens [That's how Gabe says it] , and Dual Survival. Now we all have our gulty pleasures....Emma's is Dog the Bounty Hunter [What is up with Beth? Is she for real?], Cooper likes Lizard Lick Towing [We are probably kin to some of the folks on there....the ones getting their stuff repossesed] Craig enjoys the hell, fire, and brimstone of the cable access ministers, Molly lives for Cupcake Wars, and I am the news junkie [Do not get in the way of me and the Today show....well until Hoda and Kathie Lee come on....then I want to hurl something at the TV.] What about Gabe? He knows EVERY commercial on TV -he will watch ANYTHING!

Favorite Greasy Spoon: Blackwoods!! [It is safe to say that we eat there so much that when Craig calls they know what we want.]

Favorite Homemade Dinner: That would be a toss up between grilled hamburgers [We live with the self-proclaimed King of the Burger] or breakfast for dinner.

Favorite Watch Over and Over Again Movies: Dumb and Dumber [GABE can quote this movie], O' Brother Where Art Thou? [Come on in fellers...the water is fine], Blades of Glory, and Nacho Libre [It is nothing for the kiddos to break out in "The fantasy has ended..and all the children are gone..."].

Favorite Stupid Sayings: Schmaaa [Don't ask...trust me], Captain Obvious [Again, even GABE uses this one] , "Cooper! I've been meaning to tell you....." [Again, don't ask] , "You smell like cheese and feet", and finally, "Oh yeah!" [You have to see this one in person.]

Favorite Things to Do on the Weekends: Ball. Football....basketball....fastpitch softball...soon to be T ball.

Favorite Chores: Craig - he is the resident laundry man [Thank goodness because if left up to me we all really would smell like cheese and feet]; Cooper - Resident toilet scrubber and trash man; Molly - Chief babysitter and dust girl; Emma - What? Are you kidding me? The DIVA does not lift a finger, Gabe - CEO of Making a Mess Any and Everywhere, Inc. , an d me - head chef and kitchen cleaner.

Favorite Snacks: Poptarts, cereal, fruity gummies, honey BBQ potato chips, fried onions straws, peanut butter, bars, and several other odds and ends. [Notice I didn't include carrots or anything green ~ they would die.]

Favorite Thing to Do When We Are Together: Laugh :)

Oprah can continue to spend millions on gifts for the audience - I will take a good game of "Slap the Booty" or hide-n-go seek tag anyday with the five most favorite people in my life. Thank you God for family.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!