Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fattitude

Tonight's post ain't about the Short children...it's about me. [I know that some of you, after that one statement, googled "How to make a turkey puppet" - to heck with ya....] I am fat. Not just gained a little weight around the middle - I am F-A-T. [As in: Give me an F! (F!) Give me an A! (A!) Give me a T! (T!)] I am so mad at myself....why did I let myself go? Really...is there an excuse good enough to justify this?
1. I don't have time to exercise. [I really don't but I could rearrange some things and make time...but I haven't]
2. I don't have anyone to exercise with me. [Well poor pitiful me....]
3. I like to eat. [Well who doesn't?]
4. I'm lazy. [I don't consider myself a lazy person - I don't mind working - but I've gotten lazy since the tri...well, really before the tri....]

So my list of excuses is out there for you to see. [I'm vulnerable now.]

I am writing this to ask for your help. I need some champions in my corner. I need some peeps that are extremely good at motivating others. I need some of you that are good at working out on a regular basis to get behind me and help me out. I need ideas, encouragement, ALOT of PRAYERS, and someone [or some people] checking on me. Will you help me out? [Don't make me beg.....] Of course, you can comment here, on Facebook, via Twitter (@Pigskinchick), or through email (pigskinchick@gmail.com). I really, totally value any comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. that you have for me.

I like to run and I have made myself a promise to get going with that again. I enjoyed the tri but right now I don't have the money to pay $4 to swim daily so I'm going to try to swimming at least twice a week, and I got my bike fixed up so I can ride alot. My first order of business is to get back out there, running, and to STOP drinking diet Sundrop. [For fear of complete embarassment I will NOT share how much DSD I consume on a daily basis - but it's a lot - like an IV and a pole would be better than what I'm doing....my kidneys hate me] Addiction is hard - maybe I should try an Intervention...or a bottle of water.

Weird thought, but when Molly is with me, around other people, I fear that people think she will end up looking like me [FAT] since I looked just like she does when I was her age. I never used to worry about gaining weight or being FAT...now I worry I'll be this way forever. She is so athletic and fit and I need to be a better role model for her and Emma.

I just don't want to feel this way anymore. I worked so hard three years ago to lose weight. I've run in 5ks and done a triathlon. I earned my National Boards and a Master's degree with four kids. I can get a plan and stick to it....I have to...for me...for my family...for my health. [I want to be around to drive my kids crazy in my old age]

Thanks, in advance, for your prayers, your encouragement, and your suggestions. I'll let you know how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!