Saturday, October 23, 2010

Molly ♥


I don't blog alot about Molly...and that would be because most of my ranting and raving consists of the craziness at my house. Molly is the only normal one here. But today I want to share a little bit about my Molly.

Molly is the oldest [and it kills her that her brother is bigger, taller, and older looking than her] and by far the most normal of the Shorties [that includes myself and Craig included]. Molly has shaped our lives, for the better, in so many ways. She has been with Craig and I through a lot [I know - it is a shocker that she has turned out as normal as she has considering the two bafoons that have raised her - miracles do happen]. Without divulging too much information, [yeah, right] Molly came into our lives before we were married. [With that being said, I told my dad after my FIRST date with Craig that I would marry him so no, we didn't just get married because we had Molly] There were times, early on, when we were not sure we could take care of her financially - diapers, formula, food, gas, rent - it adds up when the income coming in ain't much. She sometimes went to class with me at UNCC and my sweet Granny Towery kept her for us. Molly didn't have cute little dresses and fancy clothes that every mom dreams about dressing her baby girl in - we could barely afford to eat. If it hadn't been for family, she might have been naked and homeless. And I can remember back to the times when she would sing and dance for us and it makes me smile. She kept us going when we didn't think we would ever make it. God always has a plan doesn't He?

Now I look at all of the things she is and stands for and I can't help but smile and be proud. [No, I don't give myself credit] She is amazing. Her brothers and sister never have to worry because she always takes care of them. She babysits, she bathes them, [Not Cooper because that would be bizarre and super uncomfortable] she feeds them, she loves them, she comforts them, and she protects them. She's always been a pleaser so giving 200% when only 100% is required is nothing unusual. She is grounded in her values [which I would like to think her dad and I had a little say in] and totally committed to her faith.

She's also a little goofy and quirky [Goofy = Mom and Quirky = Dad]. She has this particular routine in the mornings and if you mess with her it throws her off. [For example, Craig moved her mousse and put it in a different spot - she had a fit...little quirky....llike her daddy...] She only has one speed - S L O W. She loves to dance but she doesn't want anyone to know that she is a good dancer because that might mean she's a little more girlie than she wants to let on. [Tomboy = Mom] She is a night owl - you practically have to beg her to go to bed. And she loves mushrooms, fried baloney [or bologna for those of you who think I can't spell] , and cookie dough.

I am proud to be her mom....I ♥ you Molly :) I often tell her that I want to be just like her when I grow up...and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!