Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Random Acts

First of all let me begin by saying a big THANKS to all of my peeps out there...thanks for the words of encouragement, for the offers to help me, for the advice on eating, for the websites, and most of all, for simply praying for me. I know I can do this ~ especiallly with wonderful people like you on my side.

So I check my mailbox at school today and there is an interoffice envelope, addressed to me [Thanks Captain Obvious - you just said it was in YOUR mailbox] but it did not have a return address. I opened it up to find a simple hand-written note: "Hope this helps you get motivated" that was attached to a gift certificate to the YMCA that is good for a two month membership! [Can you say, "WOW!" with me?] What a cool surprise...and better yet, I have NO idea who sent it. And really, that isn't important. [I mean it is because I would like to say thank you but not because this person did this because they wanted to help me out.] I appreciate this one simple act more than you know...thank you.

Random Acts of Kindness....are they really that hard? My guess is no. I mean think about it - it doesn't take much to make someone's day now does it? [Even those of you that are picky, ornery, and otherwise hard to please can find something to smile about] Just think how far one random act might go...it would be so cool to track it somehow.

Even more than this, we owe it to the children we are raising to TEACH them how to perform random acts of kindness. We spend way too much time [I am raising my hand] worrying about ourselves. Spend some of that energy doing one small, kind deed for another person. You will feel good :)

In Short news, Gabe [aka The Preschool Bully] had a much better day at nursery today. [Does it get any worse than nearly impaling another child's eye with squirrel food?] He even gave Molly some advice on dealing with some drama: Sissy, just run your mouth back to him. Can't argue with that can you?

However, we've gone to performing DAILY exorcism on Emma. For some reason, getting out of bed and getting ready for school is simply overrated and NOT on the Diva's "To Do" list. [Like EVERY day] Seriously, Short and I are ready to pull our hair out. [And bless him but he doesn't have much to pull out] My suggestion is to put her in the bed, dressed for the next day, and just let her roll out, brush her teeth, and get going. [Don't think I won't try it people]

And I have but two tiny complaints tonight: I sat in the freezing cold on Saturday night to walk Molly play ball. The "nice" man at the concession [I mean armed robbery] stand ran out of hot chocolate at 7pm. Really? The coldest night of the year and you are out of hot chocolate? EVERYONE is outside - it's SOFTBALL. Ok, fast forward about two hours later, and Molly, Emma, and myself just want a cup of hot chocolate from McDonald's. Oh no - they close up the McCafe at 9pm...OMG. Seriously? You serve food all night but you can't mix up some hot chocolate after the hot chocolate witching hour of 9pm? Is there some hot chocolate wizard that will zap your privileges if you make it after this point? I was not a happy camper [Technically I was not a camper at all but you get the picture] I yelled, as I drove past the drive thru window, "You Suck!" [I am such a great role model for my children]

My other is this: I love teaching. I love everything about the job. I don't even look at like a job [most of the time] and I certainly don't do it for the money. If I could go into further detail I would [but as you know someone is always watching what you type] so I will leave it at this:
You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It is a weakness to get caught up in either one ~ John Wooden.

I look forward to keeping you in the loop on the getting in shape thing. As always, life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!