Sunday, July 6, 2014

This Moment is Enough

"Show me Your Glory"
Third Day
I caught a glimpse of Your splendor
In the corner of my eye
The most beautiful thing I've ever seen
And it was like a flash of lightning
Reflected off the sky
And I know I'll never be the same
Show me Your glory
Send down Your presence
I want to see Your face
Show me Your glory
Majesty shines about You
I can't go on without You, Lord
When I climb down the mountain
And get back to my life
I won't settle for ordinary things
I'm gonna follow You forever
And for all of my days
I won't rest 'til I see You again
Show me Your glory
Show me Your glory 
I can't live without You


Tomorrow morning, at 4:45am, I will leave my 15 year old son with a group of virtual strangers and send him 1754.56 miles [I looked it up....just saying "a lot" was not enough] on a mission trip in a foreign country. 

And at this moment in my life I am so very proud of the man he is becoming.  [Now, for those of you that know Coop you also realize that he is quite the goofball in most situations and to say he is worse at home is an understatement.]  He has grown into this man [Affectionately nicknamed Gigantor] that realizes that God has so much more planned for his life that he could ever, possibly imagine.  He was given the opportunity to take this trip after visiting my parents one weekend and going to their church.  The lady teaching his Sunday school class casually mentioned to my mom that he would be a great addition to their team, my parents talked to her husband [team leader], and God created a way for Cooper to be a part of this trip. [My dad, who has the heart of Jesus, graciously paid the expenses for Cooper to go on this trip.  How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing set of parents that are way cool grandparents?]  

He is nervous.  Phone contact will be limited for him.
I am nervous.  He will be in a third world country that he had to get vaccinations to visit...who wouldn't be nervous?

Yet, with all the anxiety about things that I have no control over, I have this inner peace that God is doing something so wonderful with my son.  God is giving him an opportunity to be speak the gospel and to let others witness Jesus in his life.  My prayer is that he puts aside the anxiety and allows God to just move.  

Next Wednesday, while Coop is winding down his first international mission trip, Molly and Craig will be boarding a plane for Honduras for 9 days.  [Poor old Emma and Gabe - stuck with mommy for 3 straight weeks...]  Once again, I get to be anxious about sending my favorite coach and sweet girl to a foreign land.  BUT, once again, what a grand opportunity God has given to my family.  Craig and Molly will get to lead vacation Bible schools, give out much needed school supplies, and best of all, be Jesus.  

It is moments like these that make me realize that my God is so much bigger than anything I could do for my family. I can't cook enough or wash enough [#truetweet] or buy enough to ever be all that they need.  Now don't get me wrong, we love each other unconditionally, but we can't ever fill that God sized hole for each other that, ultimately, is enough.  It is these moments that are presented to each of us [the Shorties, you, everyone] that give us "enough". 

Trust me.  I have tried to fill that God sized hole with other things...love, money, career, things, food...and NOTHING fills it except God.  When I stopped trying to cram all that other in there and just allowed Jesus to fill me up then it was enough.  

As my family prepares to take Jesus to the neighborhoods and the nations, I am challenged to do more.  I spoke about my "yes" a few posts ago.  I am excited about what God has challenged me to do, right here in Kings Mountain.  It has nothing to do with me but what God is doing to help some folks right here in my town.  

Jesus doesn't expect all of us to go to foreign lands. 

He simply desires our heart and He will do the rest.  That might be here and it might be a world away.  Wherever He leads us it up to us to allow Him to fill us up.  

Fill that God sized hole in your life. 

Listen when God speaks and allow Him to work in you. 

Romans 5:5 says,  "And hope does not put us to shame, 
because God's love has been poured out into our hearts 
through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."

My sweet girl has a favorite verse that she has shared, numerous times, with me, her friends, her siblings, just anyone:

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 
Ephesians 3:20

As I prepare for bed [only to get up at 3:45 am] this moment is enough. 

This life is enough. 

Jesus is enough.

[At the beginning of this post I put the words to "Show Me Your Glory" by Third Day. Besides the fact that this is one of my favorite songs it is also my prayer tonight. I don't want my children to settle for ordinary things that are not in the will of what God wants for their lives. I don't want to Craig and I to settle for ordinary things either. I pray that these next few weeks, and beyond, are moments that are enough as Molly, Cooper, and Craig see His Glory.]  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!