Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Revolutions for 2014

I love that AT&T commercial with the kid that says he's going to make a revolution.  Here are my revolutions:

  • Devote more time to Bible study. My desire is not to just read verses - I want to study the Word.  I want to understand.  I want to be consumed with God.
  • Devote more time to my children.  Molly will be leaving for college in about 8 months. What we have now will never be the same.
  • Devote more time to my health.  I am fat.  I have high blood pressure. My hair is falling out. I don't take care of myself. No more excuses. If I'm going to spend more time with my children I have to be here and be well to do that.
  • Devote more time to others.  I have this immense desire to feed the world. [I know that sounds terribly cliché and like that song from the 80s.] I want to fix dinner for someone without them expecting it, hand out fast food gift certificates to people that just need a helping hand, pay it forward every time I go to Starbucks or McDonald's to get a coffee, send home 20 more backpacks at school, and refuse to let anyone go without food. 
  • [This one is purely selfish.]  I want more people to read my blog!  I know I am slightly crazy sometimes but I have good stuff to say most of the time. 
My Bible study tonight led me to Philippians.  Here is my verse for this year:

"Forgetting what is behind me and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13b-14  

2013 was good to me - I have no complaints.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for the Shorties in 2014. ***UPDATE JUST NOW @ 11:57pm - God has answered a prayer for another opportunity to make a little extra money for my family.  GOD.IS.AWESOME!!***

As always, life as a Short is good :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!