Friday, March 23, 2012

Magic Beans

My children drink a lot of milk and the stuff ain't cheap. I told Craig, "We should just buy a cow - that would have to be cheaper."  Gabe's solution? "Just find a wizard [because there are several of those here in Cleveland County], get some magic beans like Jack did, grow a bean stalk, and get you a cow." I am seriously wondering if kindergarten is really ready for him. 

Riding home yesterday, he told me that Jesus left us a check mark in the sky via the clouds [he didn't use the word via - that is my little embellishment] and then he told me that Jesus also left a door to Heaven in those same clouds.  Saturday morning the boy was up with the chickens.  Apparently he was Googling Jesus because I found it typed in the search on the tool bar.  Simple yet so powerful.  Thank you God for the innocence and sincerity of children.

I caught the tail end of the youth's session on the book of James.  The youth pastor shared the following video and I found it overwhelmingly emotional. 
The words of her weight loss struggles pierced my heart.  I could not stop the stinging tears of regret and frustration.  I wanted to run away and leave all of this anger at myself laying right there in that chair.  [My levees are broken, my walls have come tumbling down on me.] How did I get to be this person sitting in that chair? [The rain is falling.]  Giving up is easier than standing up. [Defeat is calling.]  And at that moment she said the one thing I needed to hear: I've never asked God to help me in this journey.  I've never asked for his guidance. [I need you to set me free.]  I want to be healthy.  I want to be happy with who I am. [Take me far away from the battle. I need you.]  I will never be that skinny girl from high school and I am OK with that but I know I have to stop this insane denial and get with it. [Shine on me.] 

I try not to get overly emotional but honestly, the tears have come easily the last few days.  [No, I am not with child but thanks for wondering.] There is lots in this crazy head of mind [except sanity and an affinity to remember the simple things] and I would definitely settle for a slow down right about now.  Maybe Gabe can find me some of those magic beans...if only it were that simple.

One day at a time and it will all be OK.
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

1 comment:

  1. Can't help but laugh at the idea of googling Jesus. It's just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!