Saturday, September 10, 2011

Are You Fo' Rizzle?

We are so very busy these days that sometimes I am totally not sure if I should be picking up a kid, dropping one off, going to a game or to practice. [Actually that is nothing new for me - busy or not] Not to mention that there are three in the house doing homework, Craig has gone back to school to get his Master's degree [I am sure I will deserve a degree beside him since I'm gonna be doing all the typing......], and I am supposed to work in laundry, dinner, more laundry, and just being mom [which is what I ♥ the most]. AND I should be doing more to work out [notice that one came dead last]. This week has been most crazy - haircuts and football games, cross country meets and density labs. [What? You don't do density labs at your house?] Funny thing is, I enjoy every stinkin' minute of it - I love watching Molly cross that finish line. I am so happy when people ask me, "Do you have a son playing today?" and I get to reply, "Yep - he's number 52 and he's the starting center and he plays some defensive end and he's learning to long snap." [Not a proud mom or anything am I?] I follow my favorite coach to every game [and yes, I have learned not to worry about the chatter from the stadium coaches]. Emma, Gabe, and I have a ball after school, running from here to there, laughing, and singing. Never, ever a dull moment around here.
Conversation with Gabe and Emma:
Emma: What is a consultant?
Me [trying to put the word in 7 year old terms]: Well it is sort of a person that can be an expert in something and they help other people get better at that something. [Vague, I know, but she bought it.]
Gabe: So me and Paw Paw we are experts. We are experts in everything.
So if you know my Pops then you know he got a big kick out of this and said he was honored to be in the same company as Gabe.

And once again, since it is the beginning of football season for both Coop and Craig. I stand in amazement at the things people will shout from the stands:
Overheard: What kind of play calling was that coach? What I want to say: What? You've never heard of the fumble play. We tell the boys to fumble the ball on occasion just to keep us honest.
Overheard: We should score coach! What I want to say: Scoring is completely overrated and not really in the playbook tonight.

Overheard: Run boy! You show 'em how you tha best and they need to play you all tha time. What I want to say: Yeah - what he said.

Overheard: That coach needs to change that offense so my boy has his hand on the ball 'cause he goin' prime time. What I want to say: Me too! I love prime time TV - The Office is my favorite.

Overheard: That kid can't play - take him out! What I want to say: SHUT UP YOU MORON!
It's comical really. I've actually come to love it - bring it :)
Craig has become the FCA sponsor at the high school this year and I am so excited for him. He really feels led to be a part of this organization and to especially show the world that he is madly in love with Jesus. The very best part is that Molly and many of her biffles were there and they are excited to spread His word at the high school. [Hey, one person recently said, about Molly and her friends, "They are a bunch of Bible thumpers." My reply? "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19"Thump...thump...thump...thumpity-thump, thump :)]

I was watching Molly run in her first cross country meet today and a kid [high school student that I know] standing near me asked me this question [swear], "Are they playing soccer?" My reply? [I was going to tell you anyway because this was just too juicy to pass up.] "Yes. They are playing soccer. In a minute the ball will come out of the woods with several kids chasing it. It is called cross country soccer." "Are you for real Mrs. Short?" "Yes, I am fo' rizzle." [Today's youth ladies and gentlemen]

I hope to blog more frequently. What you people don't understand is..... that they start foaming at the mouth when dinner isn't ready.....we nearly lost Gabe in a pile of unwashed clothes one time....when did Emma last take a bath?....I don't care if my dresser is clean - I like the clutter so leave it alone....there's going to a mutiny if I don't stop at the grocery store for Klondike bars. [Real conversations and things that have happened at my house.] I will blog when I can [honesty is the best policy] and as always, life as a Short is awesome :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!