Thursday, March 4, 2010

Y-Y-Y-Yellow

Today is Emma's 6th birthday. I should have known, 6 years ago, when being pregnant caused my blood pressure to go sky high, that she would always be demanding...and she is :) We've practically celebrated her birthday all week:
Mommy! It's only ___ days to my birthday!!!
Are you going to get me a present?
What are you going to get me?
Are you going to make my cupcakes for class at school?
When is my party?
Does daddy know it is my birthday?
My responses:
Yes, I know and I am so excited!!
Of course!
That is a surprise!
Well you know I am...don't I always?
Next Saturday since Molly has a tournament this weekend.
Yes, daddy was there when you were born.
Never, ever a dull moment with Emma. Tonight, after eating at Chic Fil A for West Elementary School Spirit Night, we had birthday cake. Emma decided that she'd had enough chocolate because, and I quote her, she didn't want to be "sugared up." What????? When has Emma EVER turned down sugar? I can answer that one for you - NEVER!!
Her daddy got her a new baby doll for the bath tub. She was so excited as she pointed out to me that since tomorrow is show and tell that she could take the new baby blanket that came with her gift. After all, the blanket is y-y-yellow and they've been studying the letter Y this week....perfectly logical to me! :)
Gabe has become the preschool bully. He and another little boy have decided they don't like each other very much. [According to Gabe, he doesn't want to be his friend anymore] Yesterday they decided to simply give the entire 3 year old class a show by "popping" each other over and over again. Gabe scratched the other boy [after being "popped"] so the kid "pops" him then, according to my curly headed monster, they just "popped" each othe while the rest of the class shouted kudos to them. [Again, according to Gabe, one of his other friends shouted, "Go Gabe!"] So, for the second day in a row, the preschool bully got a bad note :( Ever try to ask a three year old questions or reason with a three year old? Hmmmm...I would not recommend it. Today was better - no "popping" of our friends [or people who are not our friends].
Last night, as we were coming home from church, Molly shared with me that she was very embarassed at church. Immediately, my mommy instincts kicked in: Who embarassed you? Molly precedes to tell me that she made a very loud noise while they were reading from the Bible. [My first thought is that she's "tooted" and then I'm embarassed for her] No, no, no...she was suppressing a cough, it got hung in her throat, and when she opened her mouth, it LOUDLY came out - sort of like a croak. I laughed so hard that I had tears rolling down my cheeks...seriously, I almost ran off the road. Poor girl...needed her mom and all I could do was laugh, HYSTERICALLY, at her confession of noise making.
Softball has begun, for both Craig and Molly...I'm tired already...
Life as a Short is ALWAYS an adventure :)
Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!