Saturday, March 13, 2010

Smooth Criminal - AWWW!

OMG - Where did the time go? Hmmmmmm....again another CrAzY week at the Short papartment. With softball season in fully swing, I am once again a single parent.

We were driving home from school yesterday afternoon and Gabe breaks out his best Michael Jackson. His fave song, Smooth Criminal, was not on the radio nor had we been singing it - I guess he had it in his little head. He was dancing in his seat and even did the little "AWWW!" that MJ did all the time in his songs. [Probably, if we hadn't been in the car, he would have been doing his own version of the moon walk - worth seeing, trust me!] Gabe has a lot of fave songs to only be three: "I Will Not Bow" by Breaking Benjamin, "Sound of Madness" by Shinedown, and "Sick 'Em on a Chicken" by The Zac Brown Band, just to name a few. What is amazing is that he knows the words, the guitar riffs, the tune, everything...he is his daddy's boy!!

Tonight Craig got the big idea that we needed to ride to Cook Out and get a milkshake [As if my rear end isn't big enough....] so we pile up in the car. We looked the part of a family going to Big Lots or the flea market - I had on no make-up, a huge sweatshirt, and my best [NOT] jogging pants, Craig had on warm-up pants, and a sweatshirt, and Gabe had on his pajamas. Emma was the only one dressed not like a red neck. So, we are trucking along and see a trooper next to us. Just as Craig is commenting that it was indeed a trooper [unmarked car] the trooper turns on his blue light and takes off. About .2 of a mile up the road we see another cop with his blue light. Emma, and all of her 6 year old wit, comments that, "Someone's getting their driver's license tonight." What she meant to say was, "Someone's getting a driving award tonight" but she couldn't remember. Funny too, because her mother has had several driving awards over the years.....

Gabe is finally potty trained AND got rid of that silly pacifier. Today he got to pick out a no-more-pacy prize at Wal Mart. Yet, when we got home and it was nap time, what did he cry for? You guessed - the pacifier. In fact, right now as I type this, @ 11pm [actually 12am since time switches this weekend] Gabriel is still WIDE awake. Where is that pacifier anyway *&^#@?!!!

Short will be on his own from Sunday to Tuesday since I'm off to the Middle School Conference in Greensboro. He's already whining...GEEZ!!! But, I was the good wife and I fixed dinner for tomorrow night and Monday night. [At least I know the kids won't be eating cereal and potato chips]

As always...life as a Short is AwEsOmE!!!

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!