Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I love it when we come to the city!

Well I have not done well with the blogging at all - can you tell softball has started?!! We've just been soooooooo busy and finding the time to actually string random thoughts into a coherent sentence has not come easy. I will do better - I promise!!!

Emma has dance on Tuesdays. She loves her some dancing!! For two years she took preschool creative dancing but now she's taking tap. It is so much fun to watch her class on Tuesday nights - they wonder around, kick at the mirror, pick at their leotards creeping up their rears, and none of them listen. The dance this year is a rousing little number to the tune of "Lollipop" and the costumes are ADORABLE. I cannot wait until recital time to see my little diva up on the stage. Hopefully, this year, Gabe will refrain from puncturing his forehead and we can see the ending without having to rush off to the ER.

As we were leaving dance and driving through Shelby, Emma was talking [As if that's anything new ~ she even talks in here sleep!!!] about how much she loved Shelby. Our conversation went something like this:
Emma: I just love Shelby!
Me: You do? Why is that?
Emma: I just love coming into the city.
Me [thinking to myself]: What city? Me to Emma: The city as in Shelby?
Emma: Yes. It is like visiting New York with all the big buildings.
Me: Well maybe we can visit New York one day.
How funny!!! I just thought that was so cute and how impressed would she be if we drove through downtown Charlotte?

Gabe has decided that he LOVES to pee outside. Just wherever is fine but if he can find some grass [and traffic or cars or people] then he is in boy heaven. Today we went to the park in KM to play before church. Of course, as soon as got there, Gabe has to pee. And of course, he volunteered to simply pee, right there in the grass, with everyone watching. Now I might be redneck but even I draw the line somewhere. We went up the steps to the top of the parking lot and found a nice neat corner [complete with leaves, sticks, cigarette butts, and other trash] for Gabe to pee on...and yes, he was in boy heaven! If you were at the Y or on the ball field and happened to see a very small, very white fanny glaring at you all I have to say is when nature calls you gotta go!!!

I confess...I told Gabe a small, little white lie. He loves to push the button in the Pilot to put his window up and down. I have to keep the windows locked so that he doesn't mess with it. [He's a litter bug - we really have to watch him when we are riding down the road.] The other night he would not roll the window up. I was trying, unsuccessfully, to put his window up from my controls while he's holding the button to keep it down. I finally got smart [Yeah, right] and I said to him, "Gabe, if you leave your window down at night the boogey man will fly in," and just like that, the window went up!!! Hey people...I've got 4 kids...at some point you stop trying to be the super parent and you go for the jugular. Problem solved!!

The Short kids are all heading to Nana and Paw Paw's for the weekend while Mr. Short and I take a small vacation to Charleston. We are super excited to be getting away for a few days with good friends. Cooper is going to the drag race with my dad while the other Shorts hang with Nana.

As always....life is good :)
Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!