Friday, January 9, 2015

Good Gravy...Somebody Slap Me

Save the drama for yo momma.

First things first...I apologize for the overly dramatic, I-sounded-like-I-was-dying post from a few days ago.  Holy cow Batman. [I mean I could take it down but it's still there so might as well own up to it.]

I'm over it. 
All of it.

I mean, really, God has bigger plans for my life.  
For your life.  
He certainly doesn't want you [or me] to waste time reading [or writing] about drama.  

I am still reading Jen Hatmaker's book, Interrupted, and God is continuing to speak volumes to me. [I'm finally learning to listen.] 

Last Sunday night I hit my knees and I asked God to take all of "this" away...the anxiety, the worry, the things that keep me from Him. 

Why didn't I [with sincerity] ask for this sooner?  Seriously. 

I could kick my own self sometimes. [No, I'm not taking volunteers to do this for me, but thanks.] 

I love Jesus. 
I love, without ANY regrets, these crazy folks I call the Shorties. 
I love that no matter what life throws at me that I can always count on my favorite coach to be standing there, holding my hand.
I love my life.

#MakeMovesOrMakeExcuses

We love Christian rap at our house.  One of our faves is Andy Mineo.  His song, You Can't Stop Me, has played in my head for a while now: 
Well, if I listen to you, and everything you put in my ear
I'll be living like woulda, shoulda, coulda, I'll be paralyzed by fear

Huh, ain't that the truth, if I quit the only way I lose
I got two choices when I do this - make moves or make excuses
Huh, if you know who I'm talking about, then you got me
My biggest enemy is me - and even I can't stop me
As always, being a Short is quite awesome....
Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" 
You can't stop me. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!