Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Come Sail Away

Awww shucks...I love comments on my blog.  Not that I write for anyone but me...it is a way I relieve stress and get stuff out of my head. [Not that anyone cares, at all, what I think.  That is the beauty of it...you can click and go elsewhere.]  


**NEWSFLASH**
I am not always correct. 

I don't always say things the right way. 

My opinion really doesn't matter to anyone but me. 

Today, someone left a comment here on my blog [and I did say that I do heart comments] and it said:

"You sicken me.  You should be ashamed."  

I don't care.  


**I JUST FOUND THIS FOR MY NOT SO ANONYMOUS FRIEND**


I certainly am not writing this to offend anyone but if it does then so be it.  I get offended at things too.  I also realize that free speech is a right, protected under the first amendment.   Just be big enough to post your name with your comment. [Or don't...] We can agree to disagree.

On to more pressing news....

My mom took me shopping yesterday.  My mom is awesome. [Not just because she took me shopping either.]  We had so much fun.  I love my mother. She is an amazing woman with a heart bigger than Texas.  

She told me she watched Catching Fire but didn't like the way it ended at all.  

My mom is more awesomer than your mom. [I know. Awesomer isn't a word. Sue me.]

This morning I heard Styx' Come Sail Away and I was mesmerized. [Not really because I was driving and that would be super stupid.] That song and the fact that I watched the end of Shawshank Redemption yesterday make me want to jump into a Jimmy Buffett song forever.  

Seriously, what would it be like to live in the islands?  My small excursion to the beach made me want to actually pitch a tent right on the water, live off the land and out of the sea [except I really despise seafood], and smell like suntan lotion every day. 

I want to go where the waters are crystal blue and you can see clear to the bottom. 

I want to watch the sunset, EVERY NIGHT, right over the ocean.  

I want sand between my toes...forever. [Well, I mean, I will take a shower but you get what I mean. I hope...]

Craig and I decided that we would LOVE to move to the beach in a few years [when we get several more Shorties out of school.  Yes we have several more to go.]  Maybe one day....

Until then, I will sing Come Sail Away and Changes in Latitude [but only to myself because we all know I can't sing] and be happy in the little house full of laughter and fun.

As always, life as a Short couldn't be any better.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We want to move to the beach someday too. We joke that I could get a job teaching at the one school on Okracoke Island....
    Never comment but love your blog, and your mistakes, and your rants.... cause you say things we've all thought =). Keep on loving your shorties with the passion that makes you you!

    Alanna

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!