Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Sweet Girl


**Remember that one time, when your son sent your husband the wrong testimony and instead sent his sister's work because it had the same file name?  Oh wait...that happened to me today.  This is not Cooper's work...it is Molly's.  I must be losing my ever lovin' mind.

I have been searching for words to write for a while now.  I still have nothing fantastic to give you until I read this testimony from my sweet girl.  

Romans 1:16 
Since I was little, I have always been a Christian, believed in God, and attended church on a regular basis. I gave my life to the Lord when I was seven years old, which is the age that my relationship with the Lord began. Believing has never been something that I have struggled with and knowing that the Lord was watching over me has always come naturally. However, it was not until the summer of my tenth grade year of high school that I truly began to encounter God in a powerful way. I’ve never been troublesome, but I am still a human and I still sin. While attending an M-Fuge summer camp at North Greenville University I was impacted by the message and burden of God. At that moment, it occurred to me that my sin was keeping me from experiencing all that the Savior had for my life. The main verse of the week was Ephesians 3:20 that, “God can do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.” Those words spoke so clearly to my heart that week, and this particular verse has continued to be one that I hold dear to my heart to this day. Since leaving the camp that summer, I have continued to hear God speaking to my heart on the plans He has for my life and have become very passionate about missionary work, especially in the area of human trafficking. My plan for college is to study to become a missionary and turn this calling into something great for the Kingdom of the Lord. My life is not perfect, but I find peace in knowing that God is always there for me and has been since the moment He created my innermost being.

Wow.  Molly wrote this for a scholarship. She is amazing :)   

Yes.  God can and will do immeasureably more than we could ever hope or imagine.  

Thank you Lord for this sweet girl of mine..thank you. 

[Yes. It is confirmed that this testimony, in fact, came from Molly. Talk about egg on my face....] 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!