Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm an Angel ~ Honest

Whoa Nelly! [Not really the appropriate time or place but I wanted to use that at some point in my life.]  It's been a while.  Can you say warp speed?  My life hit it about three weeks ago and I ain't quite had time to do much of anything.  I've missed my blogging time.  You see, that used to come late at night when the Shorties were in Dreamland but I've been getting up at 5am so that I can go run so my late nights have turned into Help-I-Can't-Keep-My-Eyes-Open-And-It's-Only-6:30pm kinds of nights.  I know you've missed me...admit it.

This past weekend marked my second time being a part of Judgement House at my church.  [Now for those of you thinking I needs to check me spellin' the word is correct.] I was in my first one two years ago as an angel in the Heaven scene.  It was such a neat experience so I was glad when I was asked to be a part of it again.  I am a bonefide angel [as if we didn't already know that] with a white robe and wings to prove it.  One of my students that came through over the weekend told me she didn't realize I was in the play to which I replied, "But you were not surprised to see me as an angel were you?" Molly is also in the Heaven scene as an angel so we've been able to spend some time together.

My son got to spend his weekend in Hades Torment.  He is playing the character that chooses not to accept Jesus and ends up going to hell.  [NOT a reflection on my son by any means...just how he was chosen.] He actually does a really fantastic job with his character.  And I am OK with him "playing" the part because he is secure in his faith...he knows that he knows that he knows that Jesus is his king.  In fact, many of our youth have been put in some tough situations by playing those that are injured, dead, and even sent to hell.  It is a ministry for them and they are all doing such a fantastic job.  Many people made first time decisions for Christ this past weekend and many more re-dedicated their lives.  What an honor to be a part of this wonderful ministry ~ to God be the glory!!

As for the Shorties, I will leave you with this little Gabe factoid.  He loves to play with Craig's iPhone [funny thing...he could play with mine...but I don't have one....gave my upgrade to Craig...because I'm an angel like that....] and he apparently recorded himself singing.  [Apparently, he loves his name because that is what he is singing. That is, until Craig wants his phone back.]
Memo by Missy Byrum Short
We laughed so hard listening to this...over and over and over again.  He is a nut and I love him so much.  I cannot imagine this house without that sweet voice and crazy laughter.  I love all those Shorties.  Sometimes, I look around I cannot believe how very blessed I am with all of this love and God's grace just shining.  There isn't one thing I deserve yet I am so richly blessed with this amazing family.  Thank you God...Thank You.
 
As always, life as an Angelic Short, is good :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!