Thursday, September 20, 2012

Consumed and Loving It

If You Say Go ~ Rita Springer
If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

Rooftops ~ Jesus Culture
Here I am before you
Falling in love and seeking your truth
Knowing that your perfect grace
Has brought me to this place
Because of you I freely live
My life to you, oh God, I give

So I stand before You God
I lift my voice because you set me free

So I shout out your name from the rooftops I proclaim
That I am Yours, I am yours

All the good You've done for me
I lift up my hand up hand for all to see
You're the only one
Who brings me to my knees
To share this love across the earth
The beauty of Your Holy Word

So I kneel before You God
I lift my hands because you set me free

So I shout out your name from the rooftops I proclaim
That I am Yours, I am Yours

All that I am I place into Your loving hands
And I am Yours, I am Yours

Here I am, I stand with arms wide open
To the one, the Son, the everlasting God
 
Hey Jesus ~ It's me again!  Just wanted to say a ginormous [I know You know what that means but these blog stalkers don't get my made up words sometimes....it means big] thanks for all that You've done for me.  I wouldn't be who I am, right now, if it hadn't been for Your persistence.  You didn't give up on me, even when I wanted to turn as far away from you as possible.  I feel like I let You down, daily [more like hourly] but I am working on that and I thank You for loving me despite knowing me [incidentally I think I've said that to other people a time or two].

Thanks for entrusting me with such a wonderful family.  I look around and know that this wouldn't be possible if we didn't put You at the center of our lives.  Yes, we stumble, but You pick us up and let us know that grace and mercy are real. [Funny story...Gabe asked me tonight what mercy was on the way to church.  Emma piped up and said, "It's like when you do something you aren't supposed to do and you don't get fussed at."  I couldn't have said it better myself.]  Wow and thank you for making me mom and wife to such a wild and crazy bunch like the Shorties.  Thank you for the countless times You kept us afloat, kept us sane [well there was that one time...or those couple of times...and that fourth time maybe....well, You know how many and what happened], and kept us coming back for more.

Jesus, I come to you, to ask you to consume me still.  This hole in my heart, created by desire to have the world's approval, is becoming smaller. Just as it says in Colossians 3:23,  I am looking upward instead of outward. There isn't anything out there that I want more than being closer to you. Consume me. I cannot be all that You have planned for me if I stand in the way.  "Come be the fire inside of me.  Come be the flame upon my heart." Consume me. "I need you Jesus to come to my rescue.  Where else can I go?  There's no other name by which I am saved." Consume me. 

Thanks for listening Jesus! I know usually these talks are private but tonight I felt this tug on my heart to share my prayer [and I give You the credit for that tug] with the world [or at least the 2 people, besides my mom, that read this blog] ~ TTYL :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!