Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shortisms

I've been so busy that I've neglected the blog [and trust me when I let it all hang out on here it is much easier on my hips and butt 'cause I likes me some food when things get a little crazy - I really should be blogging on an hourly basis to lose some weight!!!] This going back to work thing is for the birds!!! Seriously, why can't I win the Bazillion dollar Powerball or something? [Probably because I don't play....but that's besides the point]

The Short children have been up to lots and it's been a wild [but absolutely wonderful] beginning to school this year. Living like half a mile from my job is totally AWESOME! [But, unfortunately, has not helped me to get there any earlier...just ain't in my blood to be early...or apparently, on time.] Thank goodness for wonderful friends like the Wilsons, who help us out with the kiddos!!

Gabe and Emma have been up to their usual antics and keeping us in stitches here:

Gabe: Daddy I cannot listen to that song. Craig: Well why not buddy? Gabe: Because it is humiliating. It humiliates me so turn it off. [He's three and a half and runs around, inside and outside, in his UNDERWEAR...humiliation is not in his vocabulary!!]
Emma: Mommy! Guess what? Lexie and I slept on junasium mats at her house! Me: Don't you mean gymnasium mats? Emma: That's what I said - Junasium mats!

Gabe: I love to scream at the top of my RUMS!!! [Rums? Oh he meant lungs...ok, now I get it...]

Emma: You know what Mommy? We're going to do science in first grade - we've never done science before! Me: You learned about butterflies last year - wasn't that science? Emma: No Mommy...that was just butterflies!

Gabe: Mommy are we going to daddy's ballgame tonight? Me: Yes we are buddy. Gabe: Good...I want to see Carsyn [She's a Varsity cheerleader and Gabe's girlfriend] and one day I'm going to give her a kiss. [So now I gotta worry about Gabe too? Geez...this parenting stuff is tough.]

Fly on the wall people...that's all I have to say...fly on the wall - if you could only listen to the conversations that happen in our house....

Last night, in our sheer boredem [more like sheer exhaustion] we were giving names to Craig's phone number in my phone and calling it [Stay with me folks...there is a reason I'm telling you this...] to hear my phone talk. When I get a phone call my phone says, "Call from_______" and gives the name or number of the call. Craig thinks it is so funny because when Molly calls [Her name is Moo in my phone] the phone sounds very weird. So [of course, because we are Shorts and we are notorious for dumb things] I decided to rename Craig in my contacts as other names, then he would call and the phone would announce the incoming call:
"Call from Jack ***"
We laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants! [Sad I know...but it was funny...to us anyway.]

So goes it at the Short house. We are so loving our new digs in KM, loving the fact that college football kicks off tomorrow, and loving the fact that we can laugh at just about anything. God has truly blessed us ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!