Monday, March 2, 2015

Heart

Sometimes my favorite coach wonders where God is leading him.  [I know he won't mind sharing this with you.]

He finished his master's degree to be an administrator in 2013.  He really wants to be a principal but so far, those doors have all been closed.  

At times, he has struggled with the whys.  I believe he is qualified [I mean, I think he hung the moon, so why wouldn't he be qualified to be a leader in a school?] and that when the time is right he will land one of those jobs.  

I know the man's heart.
I know that he trusts God's direction for his life, even when he doesn't understand the path.
I love him.

Today a former player's parent emailed both of us to thank us for supporting her daughter's upcoming mission trip.  This is a part of the email she sent to us:

Also, I'm not a Carolina fan but watched the Dean Smith memorial that was on TV last weekend.  As I heard players give testimony to his life, it reminded me of you Coach Short.  One player talked about how he wasn't the best player but he got to start on senior day.  (Our daughter) wasn't at all the best player, but you always gave her some playing time and made her part of the team.  And you lived out your faith just like Dean Smith did.  So again, thank you for all you do for those girls each year.

God puts us where HE needs us most.

 photo Newsignature_zpsd470a758.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!