Sunday, June 29, 2014

What Is My Yes?

I read a book. [Yes. I read.  Real books.]


And it was AHHH-MAZING.  Absolutely. 

I have followed her blog for about a year. 

I suppose, for about 18 months or so, I've been questioning a lot of things in my life. Not necessarily questioning God but questioning my purpose...God's purpose for me. 

What is it that He has called me to do here?

Have you ever asked yourself that question?  I have. Many, many, MANY times.

But in order for me to answer that question I have to forget about me.  
What I mean is I have to let go of all that I think that I can do on my own and give it all over to God.  

Craig and I had a conversation about this and here is our conclusion:
It shouldn't be difficult to say, "Here I am God. All I have is yours. My purpose is your will. I will follow your lead, no matter what.  I want You to be my life." 

Many times, though, this is how we [meaning I] answer:
"OK God, I am going to trust you now that I've made a mess of things" or "I am not happy with blah, blah, blah.  Can you help me?"

I love the Lord. 
I want Him to be my life. 

In the book, the author talks about her struggles with these questions and about the places she has been led when she simply said, "Yes."

It is that easy. 

Yes God. You have me.  


Isaiah 40:28-31

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;  but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God has so much more to offer and so many blessings for our lives.  He wants to use us in ways that we could never, ever be used without Him.  

He wants all of us.
All the time.
For every purpose.
For His glory.

I have been praying about my "Yes". I've been praying not only that I will fully surrender to God my life so that He can do amazing works in my life but about my "yes".  

God continues to to open my eyes and my heart to my yes.  So many times, in the last few weeks, God has spoken through scriptures, prayers, people, books, stories, church....just everything that I have encountered.  

He will pursue us. 
We must say yes.

Make me broken
So I can be healed
‘Cause I’m so calloused
And now I can’t feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken

~Make Me by Sidewalk Prophets

You have me.

Yes, Lord.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!