Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Hope You Had the Time of Your Life

We survived....


PROM!!


Emily and Molly

Emily and Molly...getting photobombed!!


Lyndsay, Haley, Emily, and Molly...Totally describes them to a T!
Molly had an amazing time with her biffles and her handsome date. [I have TONS of pics of her and the boy but I didn't want to overstep my bounds by posting pics of him without really knowing him...He might find that a tad bit odd.]  

She was gorgeous [of course she was] and ready to take on the world. 

Her friends were gorgeous [at the least the female friends were...the boys may think gorgeous should not be used to describe them....the boys were very handsome] and full of fun and happiness.  

Oh to be 18 again....

[Its about to get deep...and not the kind you need a shovel for...emotionally deep.  You've been warned....]
  
13 more days.

I was thinking last night, as I began this post, about some things I want to say to Molly as she prepares to start a new chapter in her life.

Choose wisely.  Your friends. Your future spouse.  Your Saturday night activities. [I think this one needs no explaining but trust me on this one.] One choice, made out of anger or despair or desire can Cost. You. Dearly. When you are away, at college, your parents won't be there to question what you are doing or who you are with so choose wisely.  [I speak from experience.]  


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. 
Philippians 4:8

Take some risks.  [Some of you are scratching your noggin' because I just said choose wisely....]  Take a fun elective in school or pursue something you never thought you could do.  As a college sophomore, I took scuba diving.  I am SEVERELY claustrophobic [not afraid of Santa Claus but closed in spaces]. I took my certification dive in the CAYMAN ISLANDS.  Take some risks and don't be afraid.


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

Find a cause to support. Volunteer at Hospice or a soup kitchen. Be a mentor to an underprivileged child.  Learn to serve others because it ain't about you.


For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45

Laugh...A lot. Yes. College is serious.  [I mean, I did squeeze 4 years into 6 years...] But that doesn't mean that you can't find the time to have fun and laugh.  You will make some of the best friends you'll ever have and hopefully, continue to grow the friendships you have now.  Find the laughter and the joy, even in the mundane times and times of hardship. 

She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Proverbs 31:25 

Budget your money.  I am the WORLD'S WORST money manager. [Ask Craig. And my dad.]  I am not good because I don't [didn't] listen.  Don't be like me. Save up, save up, SAVE UP.  Tithe.  Spend your money wisely.  NEVER BUY ANYTHING YOU CAN'T PAY FOR UP FRONT [in other words...AVOID credit cards...avoid them like they are the plague...]

Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Proverbs 13:11

There aren't many days, here lately, where I am able to hold back the tears when I think about Molly graduating from high school.  This has been an emotional several weeks.  I know I have three more behind her [of course, the jury is still out if Gabe will actually finish high school because he is a first grade delinquent when it comes to homework] and each of them will bring bittersweet emotions. 

There are things I could tell about Molly's grand entrance into our lives but some things need to be kept private.  I will say that I was an unwed mother [we were married when she was 5 months old] and I'm not sure many people [including myself] really believed we would actually make this family work.  No one has ever felt more guilty than Craig and I for starting out the way we did, with a baby out of wedlock, but God does amazing things when we feel like the world is stacked against us.  

God already knew, even before we saw her in that first ultrasound, that Molly would change our lives in ways we could never imagine.

He knew that she would grow into this amazing young woman, who loves her Jesus, her family, and her friends without reservation.  

My tears are not to hinder her journey but because I am so fiercely proud of who she has become. 

13 days will go quickly but these memories will be here forever.  

My dearest Molly, I hope you've had the time of your life.  

The best is yet to come my sweet girl.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Well said Missy! I myself have a step daughter going off to college. It's so hard to believe at how fast time flies. You want to protect them from everything but at the same time make there own(good) decisions. Life is just beginning for them. Such a fun journey! Love you blog you have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!