Sunday, February 14, 2010

Afro Man


My mom took us [me, Gabe, Emma, and Sophie] to the circus in Greensboro yesterday. We actually had tickets for the Charlotte show but we didn't get to go beause of the weather. Papa Bill [aka Daddy, Paw Paw, Zippy, The Big Cheese, B squared, or Sweet William] was very upset that the circus did not cancel the show because of the weather issues, wrote a scathing letter to Ringling Brothers, and recieved very nice tickets to the show in Greensboro. We met my sister outside of Winston to pick up Sophie. My mom assumed that Summer would know how to get to the coliseum in Greensboro, to which Summer replied, "Why should I know where it is? I have no reason to go there." As we were pulling off I turned to my mom and said, "Don't you have a GPS?" to which she replied, "Well yeah, but I didn't think I would need it so I didn't bring it." Hmmmmmm.....here are a few points to ponder:
1. Doesn't a GPS come in handy for directions when you are driving?
2. I know the kind she has, which is supposed to stay in your car. So when driving to a place that you are not sure about shouldn't you leave it in the car?
3. Summer knows a little about Greensboro - couldn't she have given us some sort of ideas?
Luckily, as soon as we got back on 40, there was a nice, big digital sign [almost like a sign from God] telling us exactly which exit to take to find the circus. Thank goodness, after all we've been through to get there, that the Greatest Show on Earth was actually worth seeing!! Gabe, Emma, and Sophie really enjoyed the madness and the $12 cotton candy [Thanks Nana!] that came with a very cool top hat.

Speaking of Nana and Paw Paw, they are renting a room over their garage to a young woman that works at McGuire, where my dad works. Last week, we had dinner at their house and she came and ate dinner with us. Of course, Emma and Gabe latched right on to her, wanting her to watch their every move. Emma found some UNO cards and she challenged her to a game. [I enjoyed it as she was completely unaware that Emma does not like to lose and that UNO is one of her favorite games....it was nice to see that I am not the only one losing to a five year old.] In the midst of the game, they struck up a conversation about our family. Emma was talking about Gabe and she tells her, "You know, my brother Gabe was born with an afro." She shared this with my dad after we left and he called us later to tell us. It is true...Gabe does have big, curly hair but for Emma to think of that is just too funny. Especially funny since Gabe had almost no hair when he was born.

Loving this lazy Sunday afternoon with Afro Man and the Diva....life is so awesome :)

Missy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!