Friday, January 27, 2012

We Want A Reality TV Show

[Shameless Plug #2 - Last time I checked, Step Away Chubby was all the way in 58th place overall and in the top 16 in family blogs so please, please, please keep voting!!!!!  I don't get a thing from this except feeling good that people are reading and liking my stuff so help me out!!!]

I despise reality TV - alot.  My least favorite show is American Idol [Is Steven Tyler alive?].  I cannot stand the way they make fun of people on the show.  I just don't like it. ["Well change the station!" some of you just said....I don't have to because I don't watch it.]  Craig and I were talking last night and we decided that if we must endure all these other reality shows then we should get one of our own.  Seriously.  I mean, there is a some good stuff that happens around here...really. 

Last night Craig was flipping through the channels and he lands on Swamp People.  First of all, these are some seriously crazy folks [see, we have that crazy stuff down pat].  They hunt alligators - big gators.  Very interesting....After this show, Craig made us watch Appalachia Snake Man.  [The word Appalachia does hint at something doesn't it?]  Yep...we watched the entire show.  Her name is Reva and his is Verlin.  He is a snake hunter and they live in the mountains of Kentucky.  On last night's show they were going camping....in WEST VIRGINIA!  Whodathunk it?

The story being told in last night's episode was not that interesting.  They were going to WV to a church reunion [come to find out, Verlin is a snake handler at church] and the whole family was going to camp.  Before they left, though, they had to visit the youngest child's school to discuss some bullying issues. The camera' showed them sitting in the lobby, waiting on the principal, and when he arrived we found out their last name................S-H-O-R-T!!! That's right - they are the Shorts from the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky, with four kids - 2 boys and 2 girls - and a snake handlin' daddy. [We are redneck, we live near a mountain, and we have four kids.....I ain't handlin' venemous snakes but surely there is something interesting about us?!] 

Craig and I laughed so hard when we heard their last name...it is a sign. [Of what I don't know.] Maybe someone out there will read this that has connections with some big reality TV producer, and the Shorties will finally hit the big time!

As always, life as a Short is fun :)
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!