Friday, November 11, 2011

My Favorite Coach ♥

Tonight we are playing in the second round of the playoffs.  [I say we like I'm out there.]  Tonight....we play Crest.  If you ain't from around here then you don't know how serious high school truly is in Cleveland County. [I ain't technically from here but I've lived here long enough to know.]  I guess it could be because there isn't much else to do around here on a Friday night but I think it is more that each community truly loves their local team.  All four teams are still in the playoffs and all four teams are playing in the county tonight. 

My favorite coach has had quite a long football season.  He moved to the offense this year and asked to move to the top of the pressbox.  In addition to learning new stuff he is also in graduate school, a dad to four awesome kids [just like their momma], Sunday school teacher, head softball coach [they are not in season but still working towards this season's start], world history teacher extraordinaire, the budget Nazi over the First National Bank of The Shorties, and lastly, husband to yours truly.  He's busy.  That coupled with some "things" beind the scenes has made this a tough season.  He loves football. He loves coaching.  He is good at what he does because he not only teaches these young men but he's also trying to make them good, young men of character.  You see, it isn't always about winning and being the best but he sees his mission as a coach to teach these kids about life.  I happen to think he is the best [I am biased] at what he does and part of the reason I think that is because I know how hard he works behind the scenes.  He also works with an awesome group of men [they've been together now for about 11 years] and each of them has the same goal: winning by instilling character and perservance.  I pray, every day, that he is doing what God wants him to do and that he does it to the best of his ability.  One of my favorite things is to watch him as he coaches.  I love that man...he's my favorite coach.

Tonight we meet Crest, again, at their field. [Again, I had A LOT typed but deleted it.]  Prayers for a safe game and may the best team [Insert subliminal message here: KM, KM, KM, Mountaineers, KM, KM, Kings Mountain, KM, KM, KM] win.

I cannot believe that I am going to sit in this cold weather to watch a football game.  I must be crazy [some of you are shaking your head in the affirmative] and I'm taking the babies and my mother-in-law.  I guess supporting my favorite coach and my favorite high school football players will keep me warm [yeah, right].  

Asking for prayers for my sweet Emma.  There are some things going on, medically, so we covet your prayers.  We will not have test results until next week but as soon as we know I will pass it along.  I have a peace that all is going to be OK no matter what the results say.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!