Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Downward Dog Say What?!

Tonight I decided to start yoga again. I have several DVDs [We have four kids...I can't afford the Y or a gym so I allow my family the opportunity to make fun of me while I work out. It is great.] that I use [or don't use]. I pulled out the good ol' Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. I like this one because I can start slow and work my way up by choosing the options I like [or don't like].

Gabe and Emma decided they would work out with me. [Oh joy.] Now, of course, Gabe was in his underwear and had been for most of the evening. Emma was in her Easter dress because she was preparing for the big tea party with Molly. The workout began with the warmup and I laughed so hard at Gabe. First of all, he was in his underwear. [Tighty whities that are green, with a Triceritops on the fanny] Secondly, his arms are not quite long enough to meet over his head. [Not to mention he has a large noggin...from his daddy's side of the family.]. Lastly, he kept pushing on me to help him balance. I can barely balance on my own [Seriously, I have tripped while simply walking...recently...today.] so having him push on me was no fun. One of Cooper's apartment hooligans [Deliverance baby] knocked on the door so I paused the tape. While telling this young man that it was 8:45pm and Cooper was in for the night, Gabe decided he'd had enough downward dog - he cut the TV off. Now that is not the funny part....

Me: Gabe what are you doing? I'm not finished!
Gabe: Let's just turn this damn TV off...I don't want to do this anymore!
Me [Thinking I heard what I thought was the word DAMN]: What did you say?
Gabe: I said let's just cut this damn TV off. I don't want to do this anymore!
Me: Gabe that isn't a nice word - you know better.
Gabe: Well I don't want to watch anymore damn TV

At this point, Emma has completely melted into the couch because she is laughing so hard, Gabe is standing guard at the TV, almost daring me to cut the damn thing back on, and I am torn between smacking his fanny or laughing hysterically....I did both. He got reprimanded while I hid my face in my shirt. What in the world will I do with him? Really?!

Emma pointed out, during the video workout, that the girl in the video was skinny and didn't need to do the yoga. "Are you talking about mommy?", I asked. "No, I'm talking about the girl in the video. You still need to do it mommy." I guess I shouldn't have asked should I?

Molly is not usually part of my blogging.[Not that I don't love her or find her funny enough to relay to the world....no, no...she is just the only normal one in our house and I don't want to ruin that for her.] Today, she happened to have on a pair of my shoes. I love tall, wedge-heeled shoes. [I am short.] Somehow she ended up finding these under the kitchen table. [That's just how we roll at the Short house...shoes are EVERYWHERE.] I made her walk in them...that was a sight! She is very athletic [Not that she isn't feminine and beautiful but she just isn't your girly girl - she prefers flip flops.] and seeing her in these shoes was so funny - she could not walk. She sort of hobbled, as if her legs were seperate from her body, so I made her walk to the living room to show Craig and Cooper. [Cooper is still taller than her, even when she's wearing 3 inches heels.] She is a mess...and I love her!

There is someone always laughing at the Short house...just the way I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!!! Please give me some love by leaving them!!!!!!!!